Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep the wheel is plusing again when the brakes are applied at highway speed. Would Nissan still cover this or should I just take it to Midas?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Good ? I heard that it was now a "one-time" only fix, up to 36k. It's worth a shot. Go ask them?

Mine are pulsing pretty bad when slamming on them at around 60 MPH, not so much the pedal, but the steering wheel. You'd better have a death grip on it.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I am pretty sure the TSB coverage was updated to 3 years unlimited miles from the date of service.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just found the letter that I got from Nissan after having the fix done. It states that they will warranty any "judder" condition for the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, as does the sticker that came on the letter. I would take it in.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
It can also be that the rotors are glazed and not warped...

FYI. I'm buying power slots...the Stillens only fit an 18" wheel!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Kronos1965 said:
It can also be that the rotors are glazed and not warped...

FYI. I'm buying power slots...the Stillens only fit an 18" wheel!

Can you provide some info on the Powerslots please Kronos?? Thanks.

·
Registered
789 Posts
The dealer updated the TSB after they said a 3yr warranty. They were losing their asses and now only allow one fix. If they fixed it once that's it unfortunately you will need to fix them yourself. I know this because it happened to me the second time at 32K. I went with STILLEN.

http://www.club titan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26097&highlight=stillen+brakes

take the extra spaces out of the URL between club and titan.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The warranty was extended on the frontrotors for brake judder to 3 yrs,unlimited miles.The rear rotors carry the original 3 yr,36,000 warranty.
So yes,if you have brake judder coming from warped front rotors even after the brake update has been completed and you are less than 3 years in service,it is covered
This is well known amongst the dealers,and a letter was mailed to original 04-05 Titan owners explaining this warranty extension

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
SoBeGraphics said:
The dealer updated the TSB after they said a 3yr warranty. They were losing their asses and now only allow one fix. If they fixed it once that's it unfortunately you will need to fix them yourself. I know this because it happened to me the second time at 32K. I went with STILLEN.

http://www.club titan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26097&highlight=stillen+brakes

I don't know for sure, So-be, but it looks like you got the shaft from your dealer. Was yours recent?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I don't know for sure, So-be, but it looks like you got the shaft from your dealer. Was yours recent?
i just bought the autozone specials for 80 bucks and havent had any problems with them, 3 year warrenty, but i need to do the back, there also warped i think

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Nissan Mike said:
The warranty was extended on the frontrotors for brake judder to 3 yrs,unlimited miles.The rear rotors carry the original 3 yr,36,000 warranty.
So yes,if you have brake judder coming from warped front rotors even after the brake update has been completed and you are less than 3 years in service,it is covered
This is well known amongst the dealers,and a letter was mailed to original 04-05 Titan owners explaining this warranty extension
Thanks Nissan Mike. Yes folks, he's absolutely right. I have an 04 and I just had my "brake fix" redone for the 3rd time! Covered 100%. If you 04 owners (maybe 05s as well) remember, you got a letter that explained that Nissan was extending brake coverage to 3/36 from the usual 12 month/12k coverage. As it was explained to me by the dealer this last time, it will not cover just worn pads (IE normal wear) but it covers the rotors and pads if they again warp within the stated milage. So if your dealer is giving you a hard time, and you have an 04 or 05, contact Nissan directly.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
SoBeGraphics said:

1) Dealerships do not update TSB's. Nissan does. Therefore they cannt write policy of 1 fix per customer.

2) A dealership cannot be losing money by doing brake judder TSB's on Titans. Why you ask? They are reimbursed for the work and a competent Tech can do a pad and rotor change in less than an hour. Also, I hardly think they are selling or have sold enough 04-05's to be clogging their service department. Quite simply, Titans are not sold in numbers like Maximas, Sentras, and Altimas.

Glad you are happy with your Stillens, but personally I would not take my truck back to that dealer ever again. They are flat out lying to you. CHeck this site and compare your part numbers on your "fix" parts. It would not suprise me if they either turned the rotors or put the non revised rotors on if they lied to you about a TSB and are establishing their own policies on adhering to it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
TitanTom said:
Yep the wheel is plusing again when the brakes are applied at highway speed. Would Nissan still cover this or should I just take it to Midas?
I wouldn't take my worst pair of shoes to Midas they are a bunch of thieves and liers. They are worst than the stealers I would take it somewhere else if I was you Just MHO.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I brought my truck in for the judder for the first time at 38K miles, truck service time was 3 yrs and 14 days, so technically out of warranty, even the extended 3yr, unlimited mileage warranty that pertains to the "judder" issue had expired. Didn't think I had a chance as the pads were smoked, lots of squeel from the wear indicators and the obvious source of my new found brake judder lol. Just played nice with the service manager, agreed to pay for pads, then after a courtesy call to Nissan from the service manger, Nissan agreed to flip the bill for the rotors, even the rear rotors that are not even part of the "judder" tsb. So basically it never hurts to try.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
SupraTitan said:
I brought my truck in for the judder for the first time at 38K miles, truck service time was 3 yrs and 14 days, so technically out of warranty, even the extended 3yr, unlimited mileage warranty that pertains to the "judder" issue had expired. Didn't think I had a chance as the pads were smoked, lots of squeel from the wear indicators and the obvious source of my new found brake judder lol. Just played nice with the service manager, agreed to pay for pads, then after a courtesy call to Nissan from the service manger, Nissan agreed to flip the bill for the rotors, even the rear rotors that are not even part of the "judder" tsb. So basically it never hurts to try.

The rear pads and rotors are part of the TSB. The fix includes new front rotors, front caliper bolt change (to fit the wider rotors), resurfacing of the rear rotors and new pads all around. So you don't get new rotors but they do resurface the rears and replace the pads.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My 04 Titan with an inservice date of 4/04 is about 4 months past the 36 month extended warranty for the brake judder issue and I am now having the problem show up.

Talked to the dealer today and they called Nissan to see what they would do as far as good will on the fix. Nissan offered to cover the labor with me covering the parts to the tune of about $600. Does this sound like a good deal or should I push Nissan for more?? Does anyone know what it would cost me to do this with aftermarket parts myself and would it be worth it??

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
cttitan said:
My 04 Titan with an inservice date of 4/04 is about 4 months past the 36 month extended warranty for the brake judder issue and I am now having the problem show up.

Talked to the dealer today and they called Nissan to see what they would do as far as good will on the fix. Nissan offered to cover the labor with me covering the parts to the tune of about $600. Does this sound like a good deal or should I push Nissan for more?? Does anyone know what it would cost me to do this with aftermarket parts myself and would it be worth it??

NO WAY! 4 months is nothing. Be nice but firm and except nothing but a full warranty fix. Be persistant. Trust me...they'll cave. Contact Nissan directly if need be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Took my 04 in thursday for brake judder & both rear axle seals leaking. Truck has 51,000 mi. and 20 days left on 36 months brake warranty. dealer said he will fix judder and the axle seals are covered under powertrain warranty. this would be my 2nd judder fix and 2nd seal fix.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts