Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife's 2004 Expedition needed a full set of brakes, so when I saw a recent post from 1A Auto Parts, I emailed Tony and asked a few questions. He gave me good advice and steered me to the best pads and rotors for the Expy based on the wife's driving style and needs, and our budget. The truck has 200k on it, and this is the first replacement of the factory rotors (which had been turned once previously) but the second pad replacement. Can't say I'm disappointed in getting roughly 100k per set of pads and 200k out of the OEM rotors.

Based on Tony's guidance, I went with a quality set of smooth rotors and semi-metallic pads for the extra initial bite. The replacement went well, though getting the OEM rotors off was quite a chore. Finally went to the two bolts through the caliper bracket method (YouTube 2004 Expedition brake rotor removal) and off they came. The new stuff is great quality and went on super easy.

My son and I did the install about a month ago, and since then we've driven the truck as a daily driver for my wife, and on a trip to the mountains of North Carolina. The new rotors and pads are performing very well, and my wife is pleased with them. She is especially pleased that the pedal feel is more substantial as that was a major complaint she had prior to the replacement.

My dealings with Tony were first rate, and the parts actually arrived earlier than promised, as well. I'll be going back to 1A Auto for other needs for both this Expy (which my son is about to inherit for his first car, I think) and for my T when it needs parts. Happy to support a sponsor, especially when the parts are great quality and the service is top flight. Y'all give him a call or drop him an email if you need anything. I highly recommend both 1A Auto and Tony!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I also bought a set of rotors and pads from A1 for wife 2010 Rogue. Came in fast. One of this weekends project.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Thank you for your orders and the great review! If anyone ever has a question about any of our products, don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'd be more than happy to help answer questions. We have a really good supplier for brake rotors and pads.

Regards,
Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts