Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of Power Slot rotors for the fronts and I'm looking at pad options. Power Slot recommends Hawk Semi-Metallic, but I am concerned with increased heat and wear on the rotors. I drive a lot (97K on my '04) so I want a pad conducive to my driving demands. Anyone have suggestions? I am also looking at the Akebono and EBC brands. Any thoughts on quality? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
depends on your ymm, but the hawk pads like the lts or hd pads are great. by great i mean they have wonderful stopping power, especially on hill roads or downslopes, decreasing fade. they will be a bit louder and dustier then ceramic style pads.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Undershade said:
I just bought a set of Power Slot rotors for the fronts and I'm looking at pad options. Power Slot recommends Hawk Semi-Metallic, but I am concerned with increased heat and wear on the rotors. I drive a lot (97K on my '04) so I want a pad conducive to my driving demands. Anyone have suggestions? I am also looking at the Akebono and EBC brands. Any thoughts on quality? Thanks!
I just got my powerslots all around for my '04 too!

EBC greenies or akebonos seem good.

I was recommended to go for Hawks but they don't make them in ceramic for us.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I am looking at that same combo pretty soon.
How are those akebonos treating you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts