Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get a moderately loud "click" from the gear shifter when they press and release the brake pedal while stopped? It only happens less than 5mph. I assume it is the brake/shifter interlock to prevent shifting out of park without pressing the brake first, but it is loud and might be failing. It would suck if it went out and I couldn't shift out of park!:huh:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yeah, it is the interlock solenoid clicking. There was a TSB a few years ago on the Altima where they put in a little pad to reduce the noise.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
x2^

10 characters

·
Premium Member
58,752 Posts
I don't even notice it anymore.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
there was a quick fix put out by nissan in the TSB i cant remember it exactly but I believe there is a knob about 8 inches above the shifter lever (console shift) and maybe 1 or 2 inches to the left of it, and I believe it stated if you turn the knob clockwise the clicking noise in the shifter should dissappear:teethmast

·
Registered
369 Posts
there was a quick fix put out by nissan in the TSB i cant remember it exactly but I believe there is a knob about 8 inches above the shifter lever (console shift) and maybe 1 or 2 inches to the left of it, and I believe it stated if you turn the knob clockwise the clicking noise in the shifter should dissappear:teethmast

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now thats some funny sh1t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mine makes that noise too, if anyone could find that TSB and post a link it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked and can't seem to find it anywhere.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Thats for an Altima..... I doubt if the shifters are the same, or that the dampener kit in that TSB will fit a Titan.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yea, pulling the console is a piece of cake, it's a matter of the best method to use for dampening it, and where exactly.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I guess when I have the console removed I can turn the key on and really see where exactly the noise is coming from and come up with a plan from there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm getting used to the click. Thanks for the pic. It's good to see the inside of the console, though... lots of room to work.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I hear the click no matter where the shifter is, park, drive, whatever. I only hear it when completely stopping or at extremely slow speeds. If I hit the brake pedal while driving faster than say 10 MPH then it does not click.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok because I just moved my shifter to the floor console, and the shifter clicks every time I hit the brakes, but I can see there is no way to fix that with the oem stuff that came from the donor truck. So I wanted to make sure ever the trucks with the factory console did this also.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Are you the one that posted the video on the change over?? I was going to ask you if you are getting the clicking after the change, but now I know.....LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea thats my video I was just very worried about the solenoid getting hot or burning up as for instance im sitting at a light for at least 2 or 3 min, and holding constant power to that solenoid, but I guess that is how nissan designed it and meant for it to be, my click isnt loud at all, but I also never turn the radio down lol, but I was just making sure I had it hooked up right.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well, given my experience I'd say your OK. Nice job on that conversion by the way :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts