Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake pedal randomly hits the floor..ABS kicks in...but still doesn't stop right.. I'm stumped on how the brake system, can allow, the pedal to hit the floor without loosing any fluid.. When the pedal hits the floor, either master cylinder is bad, or you got a leak somewhere.. Where does the brake fluid go when neither of those is the problem??. And more importantly, what's wrong with it?.. is it really the booster...?

·
Premium Member
69,841 Posts
Search delta stroke sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Search delta stroke sensor.
I DID, as you suggested.. and came up with, what a what the BLANK??!!.. they lost a 25 million dollar lawsuit over it.. and seen on here a few, not many, posts about it.. I went up the corporate ladder and was in contact with them for a few days about how UNSAFE that design it.. was asked what I wanted then she started talking about buying the truck back when I said, "what's the point of putting the same faulty designed booster back in just so IT can have a shot at killing me or someone else"... next day.. They wont lift a finger.. Really,,???.. you have how many vehicles out there you made for 4 years and you're just going to..what.. play the odds??.. whoa whoa WHOA.. So any info I can get will be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Commented on your other post. Still don't know what year truck you have. Still don't know how many miles on it. And now you tell me Nissan was talking about buying your truck back - which tells me maybe you don't have a 2004-2008, which are the affected years - then you insulted them, and now they're done with you? I'm terminally unsuprised. You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. They don't have to do anything except what they are contractuallly and legally obliged to do. If you're difficult, they will stop right at the line where those two responsibilities end.

Additionally, it wasn't a design failure. There is nothing wrong with the master cylinder or booster design. There was a faulty sensor in some trucks which caused this problem. That sensor was the issue, and it was not to spec, as I understand it, and that's where the problem came from. So replacing the booster - in which the sensors are to spec - doesn't put any faulty parts back on the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts