Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
The rotors don't look bad, but I would stay away from the semi-met pads. Ceramics stop better, dissipate heat better, and don't score the rotors like the s-m pads do. EBC, Akibono, Hawk, there are many brands that carry ceramic pads for our trucks. I put a set of ceramic Akibonos on the fronts about 2 months ago cuz the EBC pads were all on backorder and I had 3 orders cancelled on me. World of difference! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see your point about the pads but I don't have a problem with them. I think I have went about 50,000 on one set. I changed them but they still had life. I have been through two rotors and they have been both turned!!!! The judder is back. So I thought that with those rotors it should get rid of the rotor warping and if it didn't it does have a lifetime warrenty!!! Thats why I wanted some feed back. Never bought performance rotors before. These seam like a really good price.

·
Super Moderator
161,709 Posts
Am I reading that description right? 6 lug front and 5 lug rear?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received a set of their drilled and slotted rotors today (front and rear). They look pretty good and if they perform like they look they are a great value. Shipping is a little slow but if they are manufacturing upon order or are experiencing a high demand for the rotors (and they may based on the fact that most Titans seem to have excessive runout on the rotors at 15 to 20 thousand miles) because the price is appealing.

The Nissan dealer here in town replaced the rotors on my 2004 4WD LE (off road package, towing package, GPS all the bells and whistles) at 21,000 miles. This will be the third set at 42,000 miles. Stock rotors are obviously not the way to go in my opinion.

I'll let everyone know how these new Brake Planet rotors hold up after I've put some miles on them.

Good luck with your Titans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts