Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal. 04 Titan 4x4 LE

10k miles, brake judder started. They did the TSB by the book.. ground rotors, put new pads, other parts on.. everything listed in the first TSB was done.

20k miles. Brake judder is back. Brought it in. The new TSB was out with new rotors, new pads (a different part number), and other parts to be replaced if not replaced before. All they installed was the new rotors.

23k miles. Brake judder returns. I'm out of warrenty at this point. All they are going to do is grind the rotors and pick up 1/2 the bill.

I expressed concern that the 2nd TSB wasn't done completley. I have since installed larger Kumho tires and he said Nissan probably wouldn't cover it anyway with those tires on. And they also stated "pads look great."

But, my main question is, how important is it to get the new part number pads put on with the new updated rotor? I could only find one post where someone said old pads + new rotors could be an issue.

I tried calling Nissan Consumer Affairs but got some foreign dude probably in India who said "I'm not technically qualified to answer that. Your service departement should be..." LOL! Obviously they're not. Up to this point, they've done pretty good. But this one has me scratching my head.

·
Registered
662 Posts
When they did the TSB on my truck I got new front pads and rotors. My judder started at 11K. I now have almost 27K, I tow a bass boat and 27'TT and (knock on wood) my brakes are doing fine. I would try a different dealer if I were you.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
hmm.. i would take it to a different service department. i had the second tsb done and got new pads + rotors. i would assume the 2nd would be no good if it was was not done right. do you have the invoice/R.O. that shows the wrong part number for the pads? if you do i would take that to them and show them its not right... good luck

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another dealer isn't really an option unless I want to drive a long ways. :)

I have the POs for all work done.. and the TSB listing the parts. I plan on bringing it in when I pick up the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts