Nissan Titan Forum banner

481 - 500 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Forget nissan's fixes. get some Powerslot slotted cryo'd rotors and pads of your choice. problem solved.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I can't believe this thread is still going and people still blame Nissan for the brakes. So Nissan goofed but they ended up changing out all the parts and offered an extended warranty and the brakes work great after that. How long has it been now ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Day Running Light

The new Audi A4 new arrival in the beginning of 2009 was fitted with DRL made up of 14 LED in horizontal as the owner’s particular status logo. Meanwhile it will strengthen the extra safety for driving at day.

According to European Commission policy that all the cars before 2011 should be fitted with DRL, it will promote the driving safety greatly. DRL saves energy a lot only about 10% energy consumption of general headlight. At the present Italy and Poland and some other countries are carrying out this decree.

DRL has following function:
1. They make it easier to see cars in low light situations, especially oncoming vehicles.
2. It is easier to spot cars in glare, shade, dusk, etc. with them.
3. Being "lights" they are easier to see than, say a dark colored car.
4. They grab your attention faster than a car without DRL's, thus you have a few split seconds more to react, adjust, etc. Split seconds make the difference in dangerous situations.
4. People don't have to remember to turn on their headlights every time it gets dark.
5. No danger of people trying to save their bulbs by driving with just their parking lights on at dusk.
6. It will reduce the traffic accident ratio greatly according the governmental statistics
Citizen’s environmental consciousness is enhanced day by day; DRL will help us to reach the goal easily. Take a 9.7 years old medium-sized vehicle for example, supposing there is 200 hours for brake operation,220 hours for taillight operation,75 hours for direction light operation, with DRL, it will reduce carbon dioxide emission up to 400 kilogram. From this aspect, DRL’s appearance will draw the environmentalist’s fondness.

As a new-born conception, it will cost some time to get the acknowledgement by majority car owners, but under the EU decree, it is full of market potential and profit room.

We are a auto electronics manufacturer in China mainland set up in 2003, mainly dealing with HID, LED, DRL, Car Camera, Car Alarm and some others, through visiting our web you can find the suitable one for yours. The DRL we supply currently can be compatible with cars with canbus system and have the misconnection protection. That will protect your loved car greatly.

Ada Yao
Guangzhou OLLO Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd
MSN&Mail:eek:[email protected]
Web: OLLO CHINA-HID XENON HEADLIGHTS \hid xenon headlamp \hid lighting\HID BALLAST
Guangzhou OLLO Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. - Auto HID xenon lamps, Car LED lighting, portable GPS

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm sorry to say that the Titan's brake problems are not quite solved or resolved. I've owned 3 Titans....a 2004, 2006, and most recently a 2008.5. The '08.5 had to have the rotors turned at 3000 miles, and now, at 38,000 miles, I am experiencing warped rotors again. I am a gentle driver....plan ahead for stops, and have not had to apply the brakes in any emergency or panic stop situations. At this mileage they are not covered by warranty. I love Titans......but!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
My 08.5 as had all four corners turned twice by 29500 miles. First time around 18000 and now at 29500.
I have a feeling the next time I will be out of warranty and I will have to replace on my own. :(

·
Registered
499 Posts
I would have thought the brakes would be a non issue now. My 05 had the brake judder and at around 20000 miles the dealer replaced a bunch of stuff under warranty. It then went 141000 miles before I traded it and never had brakes touched again.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nissan can keep their crappy dirty brakes, I would rather buy good after market brakes than use those sorry excuse for brakes Nissan uses, even if it means I have to give out handy's for tips at the VA office to come up with the money

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think nissan has changed the brake pads composition in the last few years. My 2000 frontier had filthy wheels all the time. I don't remember about my 04 titan but my 06 frontier and 05 titan was clean. very little brake dust!!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Yeah, my '04's got black quick, but after the "final brake fix", no dust.
My LTS pads turn my rims brown within a week or two, even after 30K miles.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Yeah, my '04's got black quick, but after the "final brake fix", no dust.
My LTS pads turn my rims brown within a week or two, even after 30K miles.
HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY TO YOUR T!! :)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY TO YOUR T!! :)
Thanks, I hadn't thought about it since I didn't buy it until the end of July '04. It has a twin out there somewhere too. All the same options but a different VIN number was listed at the dealership in Petaluma, CA, (which is where mine came from). I shouldn't have split them up ... I'd only have half the mileage on them. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Took the Titan to the dealer to have the exhaust manifolds replaced. While it was there the service manager noticed the EBC sport rotors and EBC green pads I had put on. He was very interested in them and asked me how many miles I had on them and if they showed any signs of judder. He said he was looking for solutions for customers tired of the brake judder problems.

·
Registered
120 Posts
By the way I have only had them on for 2 weeks so I don't know how they will work out. They feel real nice now though.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Bought my 06 used with 50K---almost 2 years ago. Now at 76K. Replaced front calipers as the pistons just crumbled...Plastic/ceramic pistons...? Anyone else have this issue. wanted to know if this is a common thing.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Have an '05 which I purchased new - now has over 222k miles on it - haven't had to touch the calipers aside from when a bolt backed off after 150k+

For a heavy truck, I have only had to pay for a full brake overhaul 1 time out of pocket (with pad replacement out of pocket one other time coming up on the second)...this has impressed me the most on the truck.

Reactions: TA CC TX
481 - 500 of 516 Posts