Nissan Titan Forum banner

501 - 516 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
what would cause the SLIP light to come on and off? it doesn't stay on all the time and it might be days before it come on again. 2006 nissan titan se 56,000 miles

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2006 SE 51K miles and 4 times in the last week my brake light has came on followed by essentially full brake power loss with an awful grinding noise. I suspect this the ABS or Brake Booster problem I have heard everyone talk about....just bought the truck a few weeks ago so it's quite a bummer that already having issues

·
Registered
39 Posts
This one I am waiting call back from stealer. This happened a few times last month, exactly as you describe. I pull over, shut the truck off, and restart, clears the issue....till the next time, about 30 days apart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this forum so I hope it is as helpful as other forums I am a member of. My problem is as follows: I have a 2005 Titan with 66k miles. To date I have replaced the brakepads and rotors eight times on the front and 7 times on the rear. This last replacement the front pads were totally shot and the rear were in next to new shape. I had only 9000 miles on these. I also installed new front calipers but now I have a grinding/binding noise and the new right caliper stick occassionally. The first four times the brakes were replaced by the dealership. The other times it was done at a mechanic's shop. Nobody knows why I have this brake problem. They contribute it to rust and the salt they put on the roads. I also consider myself lite on the brakes as my other cars don't eat brakes at all. Any thoughts or has anybody else experienced this?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm changing pads and rotors every other month. The local shop loves it at 200 a axel. He said I need to up grade to big brake kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just replaced the rotors, pads and calipers on my 08 with 62,000 miles on it and discovered both slider pins in the lower portion of the caliper bracket were seized. You might want to check this out, I don't know if it's common or a fluke. I've done over a hundred brake jobs on many different vehicles and have never seen this happen. I had a grinding noise in my front end and thought the caliper was bad. Turned out it was a hub assembly. Was weird, pass side hub went 6 months ago and I had to have the truck towed, drivers side did not show normal signs of wear. Replaced 2 days ago and all is well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan is extending the warranty on these vehicles for “brake judder” to 36 months/unlimited mileage from the original in service date.

This is great news. Even though I have not had any brake judder at all after 12,000+ miles, I am expecting it will show up eventually - right after the original warranty runs out if my luck holds true. In 36 months I will have pretty close to 100,000 miles on the Titan.
I reported my brake jutter well with in the warranty and took it in. They said they did not find anything wrong. it happens mainly when in 4 wheel drive going downhill and making a turn. Now after 95k miles, I still have the jutter and nearly plowed through a red light. Nissan now says I am definitely out of warranty now. I personally think the mechanic knew they were faulty, but was too lazy to fix it. Also I have had 2 4 wheel drive casing to pop out. I was only 2 months out of warranty and 10k over the mileage when the first one happened. The dealership nor Nissan would admit these were faulty. I noticed many many owners have had this same problem with the 2008 models. This is a $2,500 fix, that I can't continue to have to repair. I will probably go Ford from now on.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Reactions: TheeKB

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've recently installed the Big Brake kit from Frozen Rotor on my 05'. The brakes feel great. Better than they did when it was new.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I am the 3rd owner and i have 106k on my 08 i just started getting the jutter is my truck still eligable
"36 months/unlimited mileage"

You are WAY past the 36 month limit, regardless of your mileage... I don't think they will honor the "fix"...

Besides, with that many miles on a 6+ year old truck, your wafer-thin rotors are gonna be looking to be replaced anyway... Just a wear item.

501 - 516 of 516 Posts