Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I am planing on replacing brake rotors and brake pads on my Titan 04, on ebay I see most sellers selling separate rotors for years 04-05 and 05-07, I know the rotors were slightly changes when brake fix was introduced (they got a little wider). What I want to know is if I can go ahead and buy 06 year rotors that they will fit fine or is there any other difference ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thank you for quick reply.

I would like if possible to hear from few more members to be 100% certain.

·
Registered
264 Posts
baseballfanz said:
The 04 to 07 should be the same. The 08 has bigger rotors.
This is true. Although 04-05 had the brake jutter issue. The 06-07 brakes were said to have been fixed of the jutter(Better material/pads).

The 08's are bigger all around.

·
Registered
789 Posts
04 and 05 had the problems and most had the fix. 06 and 07 come with the updated rotors and calipers from factory. 08's are larger. All aftermarket brakes should be 04-07 compatible.

Has your 04 been updated with the new rotors and calipers? If not, you may want get the free updated parts.

Note: STAY AWAY FROM EBAY STUFF. You will be much better off buying rotors from a site sponsor. I believe STILLEN.com is having a rotor sale.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you please explain whyEbay rotors are junk ? I see most of these sellers have thousands of rotors sold and 99% or better feedback.

This is first time I hear that calipers were part of brake fix, are you sure ?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yes calipers and rotors were replaced on my truck.

I never said EBAY rotors are junk. But you may be having some subconscious thoughts about them maybe being junk.

I did recommend a site sponsor STILLEN only because I know for sure they are reputable and they are having a sale.

OH and BTW I see you are new here... Welcome to TITANTALK!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, for all the advice. Will be most likely going with a set of ebay drilled/slotted routers and green stuff 7000 pads.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I know you are probably aware of it, but the feedback on eBay is for the "transaction", not necessarily the performance of the product. The comments generally involve shipping speed, packaging conditions, buyer/seller communication, and if the item is received as it was described in the auction. There's usually no time to trial test the product for performance or reliabliity before posting feedback.

That said, generally good feedback is received based on all those things being good. The conscientious seller who is good at all those things will usually, but not always, be selling a decent product. Fact is, it's a crapshoot if you buy something you can't see first, or from someone who may or may not have an actual store/shop with actual experience with the product.

Just beware, that's all. Not all ebay sellers are on the up and up.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
mudilik said:
Can you please explain whyEbay rotors are junk ? I see most of these sellers have thousands of rotors sold and 99% or better feedback.

This is first time I hear that calipers were part of brake fix, are you sure ?
Yes, there are a lot of rotors coming from China. Their castings are not as high in quality and prone to quicker wear and warping.

I had this discussion with a local shop. They have been forced by their customers to offer economy rotors to help reduce the cost of break work. These China rotors are approaching half the price of standard ones.

This is a problem for the service center because of the number of comebacks with the economy rotors cutting into the bottom line. However, offering only quality rotors puts them at the higher end of brake service costs compared to other shops.

For me, brakes are the most essential component on the vehicle for my life and safety. I will not skimp in this area and will not buy crappy castings.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I know you are probably aware of it, but the feedback on eBay is for the "transaction", not necessarily the performance of the product. The comments generally involve shipping speed, packaging conditions, buyer/seller communication, and if the item is received as it was described in the auction. There's usually no time to trial test the product for performance or reliabliity before posting feedback.

That said, generally good feedback is received based on all those things being good. The conscientious seller who is good at all those things will usually, but not always, be selling a decent product. Fact is, it's a crapshoot if you buy something you can't see first, or from someone who may or may not have an actual store/shop with actual experience with the product.

Just beware, that's all. Not all ebay sellers are on the up and up.
Exactly...

Me personally I trolled this board to see what everyone else was using and what they liked or disliked about each. That way I knew for sure i was getting a quality product.

He's new and has the mod bug itching him.

slow down and make a purchase you will be happy with and not regret later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts