Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there. i have an 06 armada LE that needs some brake attention. i read blackbeautys write up as well as others, so i have done some homework, but nothing conclusive enough.

im debating a few things here, and i was hoping you can point me in the right direction since we share similar vehicles.

1- i am planning to replace the front only. is that stupid? should i replace all 4?

2- which rotors/pads? i have heard about the frozen/hps, but nothing else. are they really that great? im not looking for the cheapest stuff, but im also not looking to spend a fortune on brakes.

3- i live in the mountains, so i really use my brakes, and heavy as the armada is, they need to work WELL when im trying to slow down on a steep downgrade on the highway. should i consider drilled or slotted rotors for this?

thanks, and i look forward to your answers.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I was, but the the tech putting them on said that my rears still had 75% remaining on the pads so I just changed the fronts out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for the coupon code Pops, wish I would have known this a few days ago. I placed an order there just a few days ago and looked everywhere for a promo code. Oh well, I still haven't got the rotors and pads yet and have emailed them with the code, hoping they'll honor it and return the refund amount. Either way, I'm anxious to see how satisfied I am with the product, which is front drilled/slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic pads.

FWIW: Here's a 10% Off Coupon Code from R1 Concepts:

823instant10

Expiration date: March 23, 2011

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how do i know which front calipers i have? my armada is in CO and im in FL for another week..

·
Frozen Rotors
209 Posts
Express 705,

Give the VIN # to the parts dept. at a dealer. They will be able to tell you which Calipers your vehicle was built with. We also recommend Hawk 'LTS' pads for the Titans, and Armada. Since you're living in the mountains and have a heaiver vehicle you'll need something that will take the added heat and will be durable. If you're going to replace just the Front rotors, I recommend AT LEAST replacing the rear pads as well. This will give you the added assurance of having the stopping power you're going to need. Then when the rear rotors finally wear out, you can replace them.

Keith

1.888.323.8456 / 952.746.8880

·
Registered
777 Posts
FWIW: Here's a 10% Off Coupon Code from R1 Concepts:

823instant10

Expiration date: March 23, 2011
They offer 2 different front rotors for a 04-07 one ends in 84 and one ends in 90 how do you know which is which?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
They offer 2 different front rotors for a 04-07 one ends in 84 and one ends in 90 how do you know which is which?
It's easy.... If your rotors' dust shields have a 'Bosch' sticker on them, get the ones for Bosch and if not get the ones for Akebono... I think 2006-2007 have Akebono....

·
Registered
777 Posts
It's easy.... If your rotors' dust shields have a 'Bosch' sticker on them, get the ones for Bosch and if not get the ones for Akebono... I think 2006-2007 have Akebono....
The website does not specify which number fits which one though. I would assume the one ending in 84 which is the cheaper of the two fits my 2005.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I figured it out, 84 fits 04- 03/05 and 90 fits 03/05-07.

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Premium Member
58,647 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
I just ordered Blank E-Line Rotors and R1 Ceramic Pads, with the discount it was only $231 shipped.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have decided to go with frozen slotted rotors and hawk LTS pads. everyone on this forum has been nothing but more than helpful to me.

NOW HELP ME WITH MY OTHER PROBLEMS!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts