Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that we can buy the big brake upgrade kit, but what I am wondering is why couldnt I look at a salvage yard for all the components to do it cheaper and in phases. What I am wondering is could it or would it even be possible to find the rotors calipers and then buy new pads and start by just changing out the rear stuff. From what I understand I should be able to run the bigger calipers in rear and then the smaller ones in front until I go to do the fronts. Or do I have this all wrong and they cannot and will not work together? any suggetions of comments will be accepted.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
The fronts do most of the braking, so just doing the fronts should be a substantial improvement. You can buy rebuilt calipers from rockauto.com for around $100 including the core charge.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, and I do understand that about the front bearing most of the weight, but I am need of the rear at this .point so since I was going to be doing them I just wanted to make sure they would work together before I bought the stuff.

·
Super Moderator
160,780 Posts
Are the rears on the '08 and up models even different than the previous years?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought that was the year they changed but maybe I am wrong. Guess its back to the drawing board??????

·
Super Moderator
160,780 Posts
Nope. Just means you put some slotted rotors on the back along with some Hawk pads and call it good. Then you can quickly move on to installing the larger '08+ rotors on the front. :)

·
Super Moderator
160,780 Posts
And if you get that done before the next Texas Meet, you'll have to give me the scoop on the tips and tricks so I can do that myself! :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well After more research you guys are right they upgraded the fronts but not the rears, and if that juast aint my luck. I put the slotted rotors and hawk pads on the front about a year and a half ago so just thought I would do the rears since that is what is needing it now. Just goes to show that the best laid plans still get screwed.......LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts