Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody else dealing with the feel of there brake pedal going to the floor but it still seems to hold the vehicle. If so has your dealers done anything about it.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I would bring it in to the dealer. It should feel firm all the way to the bottom.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have and the say it's normal with the ABS system to feel the pedal bleed down while at a stop, what I feel is the pedal going to the floor as I stop. I mean it stops but my butt is clinched.

·
Premium Member
92,253 Posts
I had this problem in my Ford. When sitting at a stop, if pressed harder, the pedal would go to the floor. They told me it was normal. I called BS!

Bled the brakes, replaced rubber brake lines with braided steel, and flushed with new fluid and it would not do it anymore. I have read that when the fluid gets 2-3 years old, and the rubber brake lines, which can expand under pressure get a little older, it can do this. It may be normal to them. But, if it is, it's certainly not acceptable.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Make them give you a receipt saying that the brakes are good, and tell them if anything happens with the brakes you will send the receipt to your lawyer. See if they still tell you nothing is wrong with them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does it do it only when stopped? If so do you have your a/c on? Sometimes when the a/c kicks on the vacuum can make the pedal go down some.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it seems to do it mostly on downhill grades and quicker stops. The dealer told me about a brake assist feature on none VDC trucks that mentions a soft pedal and or a clicking feel in the brakes durring what the call panic stops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts