Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys....
been a few months since i was last on, my bad...anywaz....

I know I've been needing new brakes, because on occasion I would hear that little "squeel" when leaving for work, but that was it it basically, and also that the dealership has mentioned to me recently that I should get new brakes soon.

My question is this. The other day, and still, I now hear a very low pitch noise when coming to a stop. It sounds a bit like the noise one hears when u move and still have the e-brake on. A friend at work told me thats the "tell-tale" sensor on the brakes telling me it's time to replace brakes ASAP!

So, is that the last warning from my Titan? I have about 49000 miles on it, so Im not surprise about the brake issue. Just would like some input please.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Pop a wheel off and take a look, the answer will be immediate. :)

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Don't take off the wheel. Just take a pic showing the caliper/pad/rotor. You can see them between the spokes of the wheel. What we need to see is the thickness of the pad where it rides against the rotor, so crouch down by the front of the tire when you take the pic.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I can't tell how thick the friction material on the pad is. Are you able to distinguish between the backing plate on the pad and the friction material? Can you estimate the thickness?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply....
I think it was about 1/8" or 5/16" at best. I assume thats not good. Im gonna have to bite the bullitt and get it fixed, tho its gonna cost bout $600 or $700 i bet :(

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Thanks for the reply....
I think it was about 1/8" or 5/16" at best. I assume thats not good. Im gonna have to bite the bullitt and get it fixed, tho its gonna cost bout $600 or $700 i bet :(
Might as well just upgrade and get the BBK :teethmast

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yeah, 1/8 is not good. Frozen Rotors & Hawk LTS pads and have them put on at a brake shop. I think there is a discount code in their section of the forum if you buy front & rear pads & rotors. 49,000 is very good for oem brakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts