Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 titan with the 6" procomp lift.

The other day the ABS and BLSD lights came on. I also couldnt engage in 4wd.

So yesterday i was driving home and I noticed the breaks felt a little softer than usual. I pushed hard on the brake pedal and POP the pedal went to the floor!

I had no brakes, i pulled over and noticed the front passenger wheel soaked in brake fluid.

It appears that the leak is coming from where the brake line bolts into the caliper.

Has this happened to anyone else?!?! is it a Titan problem?!

·
Super Moderator
161,484 Posts
Sounds like you snapped the brake line?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Sounds like you're really driving a Toyota....Are you sure you own a Titan? jk with ya.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not a snapped brake line... its in the caliper.

When it first happened i assumed it was the lift kit that caused it but it is leaking right out the fitting where the brake line bolts into the caliper....

Has this happened to other Titans?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
More likely a lift/extended brake line install problem.
Yep, bet you called it. Sounds like the lines were too short or in a bind from the 6" lift. I'd check 'em all very closely.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha... i checked all the lines. it is right at the front wheel on the caliper, it was soaked. How could that be from the lift?!

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If you can jack up the front end on jack stands and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock w/o binding or over tensioning the brake lines, then the install is ok. Even w/o a lift and stock lines the fitting where the line connects to the caliper has to be correctly oriented at the proper angle to avoid over tension/binding.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yep, bet you called it. Sounds like the lines were too short or in a bind from the 6" lift. I'd check 'em all very closely.
Just had the same exact problem with my '08 (except the fluid leak). One of my ABS lines were loose from the sensor. Once plugged back in, 100% fixed no problems since

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have an 07 xe 2wd with cst spindles and coilovers up front with the prg deaver pack and 2" tapered block on the rear. Last year luckily I was only about 100 yards from home and came to a stop sign and hit the brakes and same thing my pedal went straight to the floor. Once I got the truck home the left rear tire and my driveway were soaked in brake fluid. The brake line where it goes into the caliper at the banjo completely split. It was under warranty but the dealership said they probably weren't gonna cover because it was lifted so I just ordered the line and replaced it myself. However the lift should have nothing to do to it in the rear because there was no change in tension on the line from where the line bolts to the axle and goes to the caliper. In the front I have the extended steel braided lines which because of the extended height of the spindle they are neeeded. Just hope that doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As mentioned it is probably related to the lift. I am sure you can find a few examples of this happening, but to answer your question.... no it is not a common Titan problem. I would check all your brake lines and connections just to make sure there are no issues anywhere else.

·
Registered
961 Posts
but i thought it was right at the bolt where it meets the caliper?

jk bro, don't get tense.

glad you got it figured out and that you made it through the event safely

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Afaik you can take it to any shop, and they can reset them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anyone know what the link might be with the brakes blowing a line and the abs light and blsd light coming on and staying on?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
went to Nissan today.

abs line was corroded through. $177 later and I had the abs and 4wd working.

OF course they reccommended like 3k more in work to do for rear diff front diff tranny lines and radiator :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts