Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, bought a new 2021 Pro4x to replace my 2012 SV recently. I've had it a week now and put about 350 miles on it and had a few observations and wanted to get some feedback from you all...

- The idle is quite loud, almost sounds like a belt or something. Doesn't really sound like valves ticking or anything like that. I haven't listened to other Titan's so I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

- When I first apply the brakes I can hear almost like a hissing sounds. I might be pads on rotors but I've heard it while parked as well. Maybe some sort of hydraulic noise?

- When starting up the truck, I've had a few times where the brake pedal doesn't fully depress. Its almost like it catches or hits a hard stop. I release the pedal and then usually it feels completely normal on the second press.

Those observations / questions (and the annoying low speed transmission performance) aside the truck drives and stops great. The engine is wonderful and the brakes feel super smooth and have good power. I'm hoping they are just normal noises that an overly sensitive new owner is just getting used to, but I'd appreciate any thoughts and feedback you all have.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Add another one to the crappy trans list lol.

Congrats on the new truck. The idle is relatively loud I agree. I think it has more to do with the direct injection engine. They are a little noisier then others. I get a hiss from the brake pedal but only when I push it down to start the truck

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
409 Posts
I think it’s better to describe the “loud at idle”. The exhaust side of the truck is quiet at idle. The noise from the engine bay could be described as loud from the “clicking” sound of the engine running at idle which is from the direct port injection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts