Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm brand new here and the amount of threads are a bit overwhelming! I own a 2005 Nissan Titan LE 4-door and I have a few questions:

1. I knew when I bought the Titan (brand new in March of '05) that the Titan had brake problems, but I didn't know that I'd still be struggling with it now. I've taken it in three times and had the brakes and rotors completely replaced twice. The brakes are shaking like crazy again and the dealership is blaming it on my oversized 20" aftermarket wheels (which were on the truck already when I bought it new by the way). My warranty expires in March and I'm going to have them replace my brakes and rotors again, but I'm worried that I'll have the shakes again next summer and I can't afford to replace my brakes and rotors every 6 months to a year. Do you have any suggestions????

2. Also, I want a hard tonneau cover with a lip in the back painted red to match my truck for my 5'-5" bed. I don't understand the "thin" bed cover craze, I'd like an inch or two on my cover. Do you have any suggestions to where I can find this at a good price?

Thanks all for your help. I hope I can resolve this brake issue because I love my truck and I don't want to be forced to sell it.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
One suggestion, save up over the next several months, and when/if it happens again, replace the brakes with aftermarket drilled and slotted or the Stillen Big Brake kit. I've heard good things about them and the aftermarket ones seem better.

Try autoanything dot com for the tonneau. They have good prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blackbeauty said:
One suggestion, save up over the next several months, and when/if it happens again, replace the brakes with aftermarket drilled and slotted or the Stillen Big Brake kit. I've heard good things about them and the aftermarket ones seem better.

Try autoanything dot com for the tonneau. They have good prices.
Thank you very much for the input! HOLY MOLY - That's $2800 for brakes not even installed. I'm afraid I might just have to sell my truck :(

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Well, there's a thread on here about a 4-wheel aftermarket brake rotor & pad replacement. I priced them out and they only came to around $1200. They weren't Stillen, but they were high quality.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Corndog said:
Thank you very much for the input! HOLY MOLY - That's $2800 for brakes not even installed. I'm afraid I might just have to sell my truck :(
Get the $1200 set!!! It will work!!! LOL

There are other kits out there, that are cheaper!!!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts