Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Nissan include any breakin procedures in the owners manual? Typical new car advice is vary the RPMs and don't keep it at redline for extended periods of time. May be getting a truck driven in from 200 miles. I always worry a bit about the first 200 being put on by someone else droning on for 200 miles at 75 mph (or worse).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Coug said:
Does Nissan include any breakin procedures in the owners manual? Typical new car advice is vary the RPMs and don't keep it at redline for extended periods of time. May be getting a truck driven in from 200 miles. I always worry a bit about the first 200 being put on by someone else droning on for 200 miles at 75 mph (or worse).
Break in is just as you mentioned....also, dont tow until you have reached 500 miles and then only tow up to 50 mph for another 500 miles. Change RPM for intitial break-in...no red-lining, etc.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Coug said:
Coug... HI ...
I would for sure go and pick it up yourself. thats what I did. 200 miles isn't that far away. I would rather drive it myself, I had over a 185 mile drive. I varyed my speed from 30 to 60 mph. And have done so the hole time so far. I to would worry about some sales guy or anyone for that manner flooring it and beating on my truck. Just my thoughts. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
The owner's manual does specify breakin recommendations.

I avoid buying cars/trucks that will be driven from an out-of-town dealer; I've noticed numerous times some of the fastest (100 MPH +) vehicles on the freeway have dealer tags. But that could just be a California phenomenon; I live on the part of I5 where there are long wide open spaces.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Coug said:
Coug, as other's have mentioned, you're correct on varying the speed and specifically keep the RPM's below 4,000 for the first 1,200 miles as well as no hard braking for the first few hundred mile's, etc. Nissan does not limit the speed specifically in the break in procedures. Go to www.courtesyparts.com and you can few the manual online.

Go Devils!!

Karl

·
Registered
250 Posts
LastHurrah said:
The owner's manual does specify breakin recommendations.

I avoid buying cars/trucks that will be driven from an out-of-town dealer; I've noticed numerous times some of the fastest (100 MPH +) vehicles on the freeway have dealer tags. But that could just be a California phenomenon; I live on the part of I5 where there are long wide open spaces.
Heard today on the news that the California Highway Patrol is going to crack down on speeders, for an indefinite period. Apparently, speed related automotive deaths are on the rise in California.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts