Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a local "Tough Truck" Competition, open to both 2wd and 4wd trucks, seperate classes.

My 4x4 doesn't qualify for several reasons, the main one being the electronic 4x4 switch on the dash, it has to be manual, old school style...

Getting to the point, do you guys think that a 2WD Titan, with the 4" CST Spindle lift, and a set of DR or whatever brand coilovers would violate this rule??

FF. Must be stock factory suspension, O.E.M. replacement or equivalent. Dual shocks are permitted on front end to reduce breakage. Original front shock must remain mounted in original location, second front shock must be original equipment replacement or equivalent for the vehicle being used. Aftermarket lift kits will be allowed (Max. lift 4"). Length of suspension travel cannot be increased except to accommodate lift kit. Rear shocks must be mounted at original locations. All suspension components must be in good working condition. Racing suspension components will not be allowed, call the office if you have questions

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Must be stock factory suspension, O.E.M. replacement or equivalent. Dual shocks are permitted on front end to reduce breakage. Original front shock must remain mounted in original location, second front shock must be original equipment replacement or equivalent for the vehicle being used. Aftermarket lift kits will be allowed (Max. lift 4"). Length of suspension travel cannot be increased except to accommodate lift kit. Rear shocks must be mounted at original locations. All suspension components must be in good working condition. Racing suspension components will not be allowed, call the office if you have questions
You're asking for an interpetation of those rules?

Well, it says must be stock factory suspension...BUT then say a lift kit of no more then 4" in allowed...

Running the DR's will be legal under the above rules, as would a 4 spindle lift, after all it's a 4" lift...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Spindle is ok but the coilovers would be pushing it because it increases wheel travel and it is a racing suspension product, Donahoe Racing, donahoe races with thier stock replacement coilovers.

·
Registered
578 Posts
this competition sounds like a waste of time judging by the rules. i know you want to go there and whip everyones butt with the titan! This sounds like a competition for a ridgeline

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, that's the thing. I would definitely be the "class" of the field for sure. I don't even have a 2wd Titan, so it's just a pipe dream really, lol.

·
Registered
197 Posts
350chevytruck said:
tires and lift kits make a big part in 4x4 but again Titans do have bad 4x4's from wat ive heard
This dude has a Chevy that used the heater front disconnect that didn't work but he knows about Titans :gay::fu:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Spindle is ok but the coilovers would be pushing it because it increases wheel travel and it is a racing suspension product, Donahoe Racing, donahoe races with thier stock replacement coilovers.
The DR's up front don't increase travel, that's why they work with the stock upper control arm...
The race Titan that has run the Baja has different shocks...

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
54warrior said:
Well, that's the thing. I would definitely be the "class" of the field for sure. I don't even have a 2wd Titan, so it's just a pipe dream really, lol.
You will likely be surprised when you get there.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
We run alot of the local tuff truck races out here just for something to do on a sat night. These courses will DESTROY your truck!!!! To be competitive, you will break parts...period. I will try to post a link to a vid of an event from just a couple weekends back. I will gladly supply any stock parts that break, you just pay shipping. As for the rules, the local promotor has the same rules here that you are getting, and you can see what shows up to race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtzpqfHL_0
The tufftruck stuff starts about a minute in. Sorry about that.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I didn't see Kartman in that vid.... :dunno:

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for info, I will watch the video when I get home from work. Darn filters!!!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Here are a few photos of what you can expect at Tuff Trucks. Greg is right you will kill your truck unless you basically idle around the course. ANd yes that orange truck is a full built CORR Pro 4 truck.
And you wont see my titan in any tuff truck vid.

·
Registered
674 Posts
DeadRiver said:
where is that going to be warrior54? if it's not to far i'll come join you...

after the pics and vids i think you might be spectating... i wonder how this would do...

I think you would have to be dating your sister and have a mullet in order to drive that.....LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts