Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that the headlights are brighter than most trucks? I've been getting a lot of fingers and nasty looks when I pull up behind people at lights at night, as well as people getting out of my way at night on the interstate very quickly (which I can't complain about) and then a nasty look as I cruise past them. It seems most of these people think I'm driving around with my brights on. When I do get the finger I get up right behind them and show them what my brights really look like. I used to drive a 94 F-150 and I think its a combination of the Titan being higher and the lights also being somewhat brighter. Anybody else have this happening to them?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
smcewen31 said:
Has anyone noticed that the headlights are brighter than most trucks? I've been getting a lot of fingers and nasty looks when I pull up behind people at lights at night, as well as people getting out of my way at night on the interstate very quickly (which I can't complain about) and then a nasty look as I cruise past them. It seems most of these people think I'm driving around with my brights on. When I do get the finger I get up right behind them and show them what my brights really look like. I used to drive a 94 F-150 and I think its a combination of the Titan being higher and the lights also being somewhat brighter. Anybody else have this happening to them?
Haven't experienced any problems like that yet....

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you have driving lights, check their aim. I found that my passanger side DL was pointed up and lighting the inside of the cars.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same Problem

I have noticed that when I am driving too close to someone I pretty much light up the entire interior of most small cars and SUV's which results in fingers and break checking. Once I hit the brights or back off a little they usually settle down a bit

:grimrippe

sam

·
Registered
128 Posts
smcewen31 said:
If you are having that problem with RWD model, I guess us 4x4 models are really irritating the heck out of folks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
4wd

Actually mine is a 4X4 so I know I am really pissing people off.

Sam :boxing:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
ive already had to adjust my driverside fog light up a little and the passenger down some. and it does really brighten up a small car at a stoplight. but what can u do? it just sits up so high that it doesnt matter. i was thinkin about switchin to those sylvania silver stars but its a pretty tight fit behind the headlights as far as workin room so ill just hold off until i have to change them.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I actually find the lights don't light upu the road as well as my tundra did. I did have those cheap superwhite bulbs in my tundra.

I especially notice it around corners. It does't seem to light the corners up as well until you're turned right onto the road. maybe they're adjusted improperly?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am constantly getting flashed by oncoming traffic.... I usually let them see what bright really is...... Someone else brought this up and supposedly there may be a problem with the adjustment of the headlights. can't remember the thread though....

smcewen31 said:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Anyone know how to adjust headlight angle?

I'm having this problem in a big way... with the 8" lift, I light up every car that I drive behind.... I've been staying back 20' just to be cool.

If I could adjust the headlight angle... it would be a lot easier on the other drivers.

thanks,

gero

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
someone stated earlier that the passenger headlight was angled a little higher... that is actually by design. say you are driving along a two lane road it illuminates the shoulder, sidewalk a little bit more. i know it sounds crazy but that is the logic behind the passenger being a little bit higher. i've had 3 cars so far like that and my titan is no different. nature of the beast...

as far as gero's problem, i hope to have the same problem when i too get my cst lift kit. saving up though... hey gero would it look cheezy if i put the cst lift on with my stock 18" tires, considering the stock 18s are almost equivalent to 33"

·
Registered
473 Posts
Promo,

It would be normal if it was a little higher, but it was aimed above my regular head light!

I could melt the paint off the inside of any compact car's dashboard.

·
Registered
180 Posts
promo, you're joking right?!

they put the original wheels on w/ the lift when they were adjusting something; and it looked ridiculous.

the rims are $200 a piece, and I can probably get you a smokin' deal on 35" BFG's, so just email me when you're gonna lift it.

gero

1 - 16 of 16 Posts