Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

The titan has to be the worst for bolts snapping, or stripped in frame.

Several of my skid plate bolts have snapped. the dealer drilled one out, but then there is no threads left to screw in to, all you have is a hole in a frame.

Does anyone know of thread inserts that would work in an frame situation like this?

Its like the bolts all snap or strip out. The frame has a lot of rust, especially in the weld areas. ( I don't off road at all).

When I was installing my front grille guard, the nut that is welded on the inside of the frame, BROKE off the frame!!! What a nightmare that was to get out, and try to get a nut on the inside!!

Aghhh! Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Check McMaster-Carr for a wide variety of Thread Inserts or Thread Rivets. Many have had your experience. No minimum and very far shipping charge. I use them for most of my industrial hardware supplies at work.

I have a Non Off Road Skid Plate, and cut the sheet metal, and pop riveted on an Aluminum Flip Down Door I made myself. It is hinged at Front/Top, and has a single Thumb Latch to hold it tight, on the Bottom/Rear edge. Easy access to the oil filter. Combined with the Fumoto Vale, it makes for quick changes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check McMaster-Carr for a wide variety of Thread Inserts or Thread Rivets. Many have had your experience. No minimum and very far shipping charge. I use them for most of my industrial hardware supplies at work.

I have a Non Off Road Skid Plate, and cut the sheet metal, and pop riveted on an Aluminum Flip Down Door I made myself. It is hinged at Front/Top, and has a single Thumb Latch to hold it tight, on the Bottom/Rear edge. Easy access to the oil filter. Combined with the Fumoto Vale, it makes for quick changes.
Thanks so much! I will check them out. I am so disappointed with the poor frame and bolt quality. I love my Titan, but this is ridiculous.

I replaced my rear shackles as a safety measure. The old ones looked like crap too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts