Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under my truck today and noticed a grounding strap that was on my stock exhaust has corroded and broken. Are this straps really that important or is it not a big deal? thanks guys

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I think it helps drain static electricity, that would form, from parts that heat and cool. I may be totally wrong. I've read it may reducing the ticking noise this creates.

·
Registered
224 Posts
TitanBlue said:
I think it helps drain static electricity, that would form, from parts that heat and cool. I may be totally wrong. I've read it may reducing the ticking noise this creates.
I think you’re on to something with the static electricity idea, but I think it comes from the rushing flow of air through the exhaust system.

·
Registered
662 Posts
thclimer said:
I think you’re on to something with the static electricity idea, but I think it comes from the rushing flow of air through the exhaust system.
exactly right.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
TitanLou said:
exactly right.
:blueblob: Oh! That all makes sense. And of course, static is bad for all the electronics, and you can almost never have too much "ground". Never read about that before, mystery solved! :)

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
thclimer said:
Good thoughts there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts