Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - I got my truck back from the dealership and they showed me where the rubber/plastic inserts of the motor mounts were cracked. They wanted $900 to fix it! I thought I'd do some research and see if anyone has put some in. Let me know what you think and if anyone has replaced them maybe a little how to. Thanks ahead of time!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
HAHA Join the club of broke motor mounts...next up, your tranny mounts! I dont know what your options are for the motor mounts. I had mine fixed when they broke back in 07 or so. My tranny mounts i had a shop modify them so instead of rubber holding it together they welded some metal and put a bolt through the mount. Maybe take your truck to a local fab shop and ask for their opinion. if your in prescott az I know a good shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it looks like lots ppl are having problems with the tranny mounts! And I'm sure if I dont take care of the motor mounts its just a matter of time till my tranny mounts go too. . . Thanks for the reccomendation, Im but actually down in glendale. I think I see how the motor mounts could come off. not a lot of room. Anyone tried it yet with any luck?

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
yeah it looks like lots ppl are having problems with the tranny mounts! And I'm sure if I dont take care of the motor mounts its just a matter of time till my tranny mounts go too. . . Thanks for the reccomendation, Im but actually down in glendale. I think I see how the motor mounts could come off. not a lot of room. Anyone tried it yet with any luck?
tranny mount wasnt too bad at all. Mine went cause of the 35's puttin alot of stress on it. The hardest thing was getting the cross members out. and lining the bolts up with the holes. but the actual mount wasnt bad at all. If you put a jack under your tranny and jack it up and the tranny goes up, you know right away the mount is bad.

edit: just re read, and i mis read your post. good luck with the motor mounts :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO prob, i'll take the info on the tranny mounts. Thanks! Anyone else have anything on the motor mounts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts