Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started the weekend off with a bang! Was driving, went over railway crossing and heard a bang on the box floor. Stopped and discovered the read spring shackle had broken and the other was about to let go. ANyone else experience this. Looks like weak welds to me.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
It is a common enough issue on 04-07 that Nissan redesigned them in 08. www.prgproducts.com sells the best Shackles for the Titan, and introduced them prior to Nissan. Many have upgraded to them, as a preventative measure to having holes in the bed. I have them on mine, not so difficult to install either. You'll need a floor jack and jackstands. PRG makes some much stronger Front Sway Bar End Links too, for same price as Nissan.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Uh, yeah. Do a search and you'll find dozens of comments here about shackle failure.

·
Premium Member
72,276 Posts
08+ shackles have been redesigned, so the stealership or online my be an option.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just recently got a new pair of 08+ shackles from a member on here and it looks a lot sturdier compared to my 07s.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Since they already broke you probably don't want to wait around for some used 08+ to pop up so I'd say check out courtesyparts or one of the many other online nissan parts sites and pick some up. I'm pretty sure i got mine from courtesyparts and they werent bad, I think around $40 or $50 shipped.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The shackle on "Courtesy parts.com" [55220] SPRING SHACKLE is listed for a 04-11. Hopefully this is only the 08 + one correct.
Please confirm
My 04 is going to be used for towing again and i want to make sure the weak link does not fail on me with a load.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Genuine Nissan Part# for the updated shackles is 55220-ZR00B, and yes they come with the bushings pre installed
If you want new bolts and nuts, 55080-7S210 (Bolt) - 08918-6441A (Nut)

Good Luck!!

Reactions: ketel27

·
Registered
620 Posts
The shackle on "Courtesy parts.com" [55220] SPRING SHACKLE is listed for a 04-11. Hopefully this is only the 08 + one correct.
Please confirm
My 04 is going to be used for towing again and i want to make sure the weak link does not fail on me with a load.
Those are the exact ones from courtesyparts that I ordered and I just had it confirmed in another thread that they are the 08+ shackles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got out from under the truck. Discovered that the weld on the shackles was only 60% complete and had inconsistent bead and missed areas. Anyone had any luck in getting Nissan to deal with, what is clearly a manufacturers error?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sadly, that's how all the 04 - 07 shackles look..... pretty sad design.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts