Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New member first post.

It only took me 12 years, but I finally got myself a truck. Had it for 3 days and I still can't take my eyes off of it when I'm outside.

Anyway, I have a question on brush guards. I'm thinking of adding one, but only because of deer.

Will the brush guard offer the truck any protection at all against a deer? I know they're not made for that, but will the guard and frame support a deer strike?

BTW, I'm not planning on mowing them down if I get one ;)

Thanks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The brush guard is ok for brush. If you hit a Deer with a Brushguard say on the right side the Whole Brushguard gets pushed into the truck and also messes up the opposite side. Where I live the Deer population is high, I hit atleast one a year if not two. The BullBar is the best for Deer, although it doesn't protect the whole front end it also doesn't wreck the whole front end like the Brushguard. The BullBar slams the Deer to the ground and then you just run them over. And hope you have enough clearance under the truck if not oh well. Nothing is gonna protect you 100 percent, I hit alot of Deer and I found the BullBar Protects the Truck the best. (A good bullbar)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Holy crap where did you get that from an H1. That is an exception to a standard brushguard. Did you ever mow a deer down with that thing? Are those fogs in there also. Nice

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
A brush guard would probably be worse. Along with damage to your truck, you will have to replace an expensive brush guard when it hits a deer.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
4wheelpeel said:
This will kill some deer!

That is the bumper that is available from Kennesaw Mtn. Accessories. I've heard that they are hard to get ahold of though, but it is one of the best options available.

http://www.kenmtnac.com/Titan.html

Details:
Pricing:
Base model wincher, winch mount or receiver style $500
Bumper only - $470

Options:

Grill Guard $130
Heavy Duty Grill Guard $185
D rings or shackle mounts $40 pair
Recessed 55 watt 5" offroad lights, $115 pair
Recessed 55 watt 6-3/8" offroad lights, $135 pair
Recessed 100 watt 8" lights in center of non-winch models - $275
Receiver tube (in addition to winch box) $60
Turn Signal/marker light set $45
LED turn signals $115
Light bar - $45
Rubber dock bumper - $40

Finishes

Standard finish is satin black
Gloss black - $20 additional
Aluminum/Silver-Brite - $45
Spray on Bedliner - $100 in black, grey, red, green, or yellow
For custom colours, please call.

The second photo (white truck) is the one from Buckstop Truckware

http://www.buckstop.biz/nissan_classic.html

Details:

* Grill/brush guard
* Fully-enclosed winch area
* Winch access cover door
* Frenched light buckets
* 2" Trailer receiver
* OEM Tow hooks remain in place
* License plate bracket
* Powder coat finish
* No welding or drilling to install

PRICE: $1,599 ***OUCH***

If it were me, I'd go with the Kennesaw Mountain one.

There is also one available from: Road Armor----very pricey though.

http://www.roadarmor.com/ra3/nissan.html Scroll to bottom of page

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Brush Guards are GREAT for Deer. They should be referred to as "Deer Friendly" though and not harmful to deer. Your truck will effectively be totalled, but the deer will scamper away unhurt after the shock of being "brushed" wears off.

Not for nothing, but a brush guard is designed for brush and other similar type things. You need a good old fashioned cattle guard, see above ^^^^ like one from Ranchhand type builders. I am sure a great one could be made affordably. I even looked into before the last hike in steel pricing, and could have made a bang up one for around 500 or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts