Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
this is just my opinion, but i've always thought - what the hell do you need a brush guard for? does it protect the truck from tumbleweed and any other shrubs that may be on the roadways. always seemed pointless to me to see others wasting money on a worthless piece of metal it doesn't even look good when its on. just me but i think anyone else i've ever talked to about this matter of brush guards have concurred with me. my wife even thinks they are the dumbest things she has ever seen on a truck. just my 2 cents!!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Prometheus said:
this is just my opinion, but i've always thought - what the hell do you need a brush guard for? does it protect the truck from tumbleweed and any other shrubs that may be on the roadways. always seemed pointless to me to see others wasting money on a worthless piece of metal it doesn't even look good when its on. just me but i think anyone else i've ever talked to about this matter of brush guards have concurred with me. my wife even thinks they are the dumbest things she has ever seen on a truck. just my 2 cents!!! :cheers:
Oh I don't know, I had one on my Durango and it really looked good. I am debating if I want to put one on the Titan, but I really like the look of the chrome on the front end.

A brush guard would protect the front end somewhat in a head on crash, but in the end you would probably be replacing the truck anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont really need one

Functionally it wouldnt really do anything, but I think on some vehicles it really looks good. I definately want to see a picture of one before I get one, I was just kind of wondering if there is anything out there yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
My concern would be the air bags not deploying in an accident?

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
They have no effect on airbags deploying. The front end must crumple a certain amount to engage the airbag, the brush guard simply won't stop a collision from happening. The only time I knew of a brush guard being handy during an accident is when a buddy hit a dear. The hood and grill still needed replaced, but he was convinced it would have been much worse without the brush guard. I still think they're a waste of money.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I Put a westin chrome plated s/s Bully bar on front. mounts where the tow hooks are. compliments the front pretty good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
PigPen said:
I Put a westin chrome plated s/s Bully bar on front. mounts where the tow hooks are. compliments the front pretty good.
PigPen: Got pictures? I'm trying to decide between the chrome and black finish. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love the grille guard on my old truck- it has saved several broken headlights offroad, as the trails I usually drive are overgrown. I haven't seen one yet that looks good on the Titan, though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kailuaman I can barely run a calculator nevermind a real computer.Have absolutley no idea how to post pictures. I dont even know how to highlight parts of previous posts like most of you do .Bought the wife a digital camera see if she can help me out. Standby for further !

·
Registered
21 Posts
InNae said:
Anybody have any ideas for getting a brush guard. I would like it to match the nissan steps.

Thanks
Hey there InNae I was lucky enough or not to get a B/G for free on my truck because it was the only Silver SE on the lot and they didn't have a price for it at the time. But to get to the point! Don't waste your money! I'm about to take this thing off! For one it sticks out about 5'' past the nose of the truck give you a even better chance of hitting something you might not have. Plus it just seems to take away from how Beffy this truck already looks! Good Luck!!! :rockon

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5 inches???

Darn... didnt think of that. Dont have 5 more inches in the garage. As it is now I have to practically touch the front of the garage to get the garage door to close. Willl have to wait on this one til I get a bigger garage... cause the truck aint changing. Love it to much. :teethmast

thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts