Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to try the brute force cai, currently have a volant.

question 1) has anyone tried both metal and plastic pipe? and have any comparisons been made between metal and plastic pipe on any threads?

and question 2) has anyone bought a brute force cai for under 275? if so... where?

thanks

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
P's Titan said:
ya kno there was a longass thread on the difference tween plastic and metal. I dont remember what came of it, I recall it getting really heated.

I'll try to find it...

it got really heated.......like the metal or the plastic under the hood???? :jester:

To me it looks like the AEM would flow better plus its a dry type.........i like the outer air pull from the volant though. Also the plastic runs cooler IMO.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
papojengo said:
i would like to try the brute force cai, currently have a volant.

question 1) has anyone tried both metal and plastic pipe? and have any comparisons been made between metal and plastic pipe on any threads?

and question 2) has anyone bought a brute force cai for under 275? if so... where?

thanks

I just ordered one from performancecenter dot com (don't have 15 posts yet so i can't post URL's) for 269.99 with free shipping. For some reason, you can only find it on there when you use an 05 Titan as the vehicle. Should be here on Friday, I can't wait. :D

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Many think the metal vs plastic is an insignificant thought. Shailey's testing on intakes revealed the AEM BruteForce to be one of the best, in spite of the metal tube. The reason some of us don't worry about the metal tube, is the btu's being transferred is so small, and it is that transfer of energy within a specific time that matters. Flow dynamics and MAF Sensor accuracy, is far more important

I bought mine at www.autoanything.com for 241 delivered, when it was on sale.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I have a Framboost, which is the AEM twin, and I love it!!

Well worth the price.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought mine on Ebay for 208.00. Check to see if one is for sale there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, thank you very much for all the help, i think im going to have to try teh brute force, and say that the numbers dont lie and just disregard the material.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I installed the Brute Force last night. I didn't really notice any noise level increases, but this might just be because my exhaust may be louder. I was a little disappointed at first until I punched it...let me tell you that between the exhaust and the CAI, it sounds like a rocket taking off. My gas mileage may end up getting worse now because it's so much fun to floor it. :D

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
bills1974 said:
I installed the Brute Force last night. I didn't really notice any noise level increases, but this might just be because my exhaust may be louder. I was a little disappointed at first until I punched it...let me tell you that between the exhaust and the CAI, it sounds like a rocket taking off. My gas mileage may end up getting worse now because it's so much fun to floor it. :D
I just siphon gas out of my neighbors SUV, I keep telling him to see the dealer about the horrible mileage he's getting, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts