Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about $300 to spend. I found a brute force intake for about $230, thats one option bc i like the dry flow filter. Or i would like to get a flowmaster super 44 muffler. Dont know if i should get them to bend another catback or just weld it into stock with maybe a tip like the banks. What do u guys think will be my best bang for the buck? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
I have a brute force and got it for 250 shipped to the house off ebay. Its a good product and sounds pretty cool. If you turn the wheel all the way to the left you might not have to remove the wheel to install it. I was able to get my hands up in the wheelwell so I didn't have to jack the truck up etc etc. Once it was all done it was a great fit and is very sturdy like factory. I noticed the power in the midrange when your already going 45 or so and jump on it.
I have the delta flow 50 series from catback routed over the axle so its invisible from the back. I like hidding ****. I drive 200 plus mile trips a lot and the drone from the muffler is difinitely there. I like the 40 series or the new 44 if its better as they say but I could see it becoming annoying on long trips. I have the 10 speaker fosgate that would fade the drone but just an fyi. The 50 is pretty damn throaty and loud when I get on the gas.
If I could do the exhaust again I would go with high flow cats, break the pipes out before they Y into one and have duals into one muffler. Of course still up over the axle hidden. have fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,674 Posts
get the ebya knock off version of the brute force and get 3 inch piping with the 44 ... i think all that can be done for about 300 bucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive never seen the ebay version of the brute force. Im all about ebay products. Does the ebay one come with the dry flow filter? I really dont want to mess up the MAF sensor bc i have done that b4. Shoot me a link if possible. Oh and i just heard a titan with a 40 series and the drone is killer. I like good gas milege and drive like a grandpa when money is tight so i dont know if i want to deal with that sound all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
SUBYMONKEE, here is the place I got mine from. You need to tell them which one you want chrome or whatever. I have the chrome or mirrored polished one. Its jks outlet on ebay. Everything was new and in the box and I got it in about a week. I can't post url on this site until I have 15 or more posts... sorry just a newbie here. maybe this will come thru-> cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-AEM-BRUTE-FORCE-AIR-INTAKE-04-06-TITAN-ARMADA-V8_W0QQitemZ120116521884QQihZ002QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
Good luck on the link working... just search "titan aem brute force" jks buy it now 219 plus 32 shipping. I noticed someone mentioned a chinese brand or something. Maybe its the same I don't know. Mine has the dry filter.
See the 50 delta series for a quiter interior. I paid like 140 plus tax for the install, catback over axle and just cut off facing down of course. You could always quite the thing down even more with a tip of some sort. good luck man .....have fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slade thats not an off brand intake that IS the brute force intake that i will most likely purchase. Ebay makes a few knock off intakes with like dryer hoses for our trucks, but dont come with dryflow filters or anything like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,674 Posts
no the ebya knock of the AEM / FRAM BOOST does not come with the dryflow filter
but here is a link ot it anyway.. hmm he doesnt seem to be selling them anymore... here is the link to my winning auction for the CAI
..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1&viewitem=&item=230098385918&rd=1#ebayphotohosting


and if your worried about drone ..you should go with the JBA muffler ..I tried it and i left the tailpipe about 12 or 18 inches shorter than hte stock and the wifey diddnt even notice that i had put the muffler and 3" pipe until i told her i did .. it is a little bit louder inside the cab over stock but not by much .. and outside the truck it sounds awsome...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I got the brute force clone intake it works great i just replaced the cheapy air filter with a K&N filter and it works just as good if not better then the AEM set-up.I also installed the 30 series flowmaster. Great combo cant go wrong i need to post of video of exhuast and the cloned intake.:rockon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,363 Posts
Honestly I would just get the real thing, your not going to save that much getting the knock off. Although it is fine I heard that it takes a little more work to install it, Like **** does not line up right and you "may" have to tweak it here and there and make sure there no crap inside the intake tube and that it's smooth etc. My friend got it and thew the hunk of **** filter it came without and got an AEM. It's pretty much the same thing but you save like $60 and the install is not as easy acording to him. Up to you and your budget though.

I got my AEM for about $135 bucks new so can't beat that. Not at liberty to say where I got it from though sorry :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
subymonkee said:
I have about $300 to spend. I found a brute force intake for about $230, thats one option bc i like the dry flow filter. Or i would like to get a flowmaster super 44 muffler. Dont know if i should get them to bend another catback or just weld it into stock with maybe a tip like the banks. What do u guys think will be my best bang for the buck? Thanks
This depends on what you what are looking for. As others have stated, you could go with knock-offs from ebay, but really, you are talking the engine of your vehicle...sometimes you get what you pay for! I'm running S&B and 2 Super44's (first on the forums with this setup I believe) and it's a good combination. It was stated that the 50 is low profile...well, let me tell you, these Super 44's are super low profile and small! They are bolted side by side and are not canted at all where the stocker ran. If you're wanting opinion, don't skimp here on these components. Yeah, it'll take a bit longer, but you can pull it off. The Dual Super44 system fully custom with 18" tips ran me $430 total. See you're not wanting all that, so you can pull that off a single Super44 no problems even if you did want to go all out for the Brute Force. Just my $.02.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,674 Posts
gratefullife said:
This depends on what you what are looking for. As others have stated, you could go with knock-offs from ebay, but really, you are talking the engine of your vehicle...sometimes you get what you pay for!
this is true but its not like these are engine internals .. its a tube with a filter on the end of it ... now dont get me wrong the aem or any other name brand aftermarket part seem to be of better quality but by what degree ... its a non moving part that flows air ... ..now i wouldnt go puting knock off ingine internals on my truck .. if there were any available .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
import2nr said:
this is true but its not like these are engine internals .. its a tube with a filter on the end of it ... now dont get me wrong the aem or any other name brand aftermarket part seem to be of better quality but by what degree ... its a non moving part that flows air ... ..now i wouldnt go puting knock off ingine internals on my truck .. if there were any available .
Agreed, and this is by no means intended to be an argument, but that tube with a filter attatched may be just that, but can lead to some other serious problems as per my understanding. Even with companies that have established names out there for this particular part have had slight problems with fitment issues that have thrown codes. And although our vehicles utilize a "short ram" style intake, I have read in correlation with other vehicles that utilize the long tube style "standard cai" that without a bypass have allowed water in to the intake. Would a dryer hose or even pvc pipe with a $10 autozone conical filter work just fine for our application? Sure, I know for me, I'd just rather trust a company that is established. Just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,674 Posts
gratefullife said:
Agreed, and this is by no means intended to be an argument, but that tube with a filter attatched may be just that, but can lead to some other serious problems as per my understanding. Even with companies that have established names out there for this particular part have had slight problems with fitment issues that have thrown codes. And although our vehicles utilize a "short ram" style intake, I have read in correlation with other vehicles that utilize the long tube style "standard cai" that without a bypass have allowed water in to the intake. Would a dryer hose or even pvc pipe with a $10 autozone conical filter work just fine for our application? Sure, I know for me, I'd just rather trust a company that is established. Just my opinion.
:cheers: .......
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top