Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Titan Crew Cab SV
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
A month ago I took delivery on a year end close out of a 2019 Titan Crew Cab SV. Its a great truck and looks sharp..... but the factory speakers (rear's for sure) are not to my liking.
I listen to music that has some bass to it, not thumping bass. So if Nine Inch Nails "Down in it", Rage Against the Machine's "Guerrilla Radio" and Korn's "Falling Away from Me" can sound like they should on a budget of $500.00 that would make my "Budget" better half happy, and me even more so.
Can anyone suggest some front door and back door speaker options?

Appreciate all your help.
James

·
Registered
2019 Titan SV Crew Cab Midnight
6 Posts
I have the same issue in my new truck. Sound is just not full enough. Missing something. I haven't shopped speakers yet, but interested to see what you find or what pops up here.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I'm a fan of Kicker speakers. Good quality at decent prices. They're not going to compete with high end Infinity or JL Audio, but I ran 2 subs and replaced the speakers with Kickers in my old Titan.

Crutchfield.com is a great resource. Just put your truck in, and it tells you what speakers go where. They're usually slightly pricier than say Amazon, but they include installation guides and harnesses for free that make install a breeze.

·
Registered
2019 Titan Crew Cab SV
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks LaxDfns15 for the information. I went to a local installer, he wanted to put in his "Highest" priced speakers "Hertz Audio" however, I compared JL Audio to the Hertz and was not seeing much of a difference. I will check out Crutchfield, since we are on a lock down and cannot really go anywhere, sounds like a great DIY project while at home. I will try to keep this post alive with updates and pictures if I can. Be safe guys.
James

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Thanks LaxDfns15 for the information. I went to a local installer, he wanted to put in his "Highest" priced speakers "Hertz Audio" however, I compared JL Audio to the Hertz and was not seeing much of a difference. I will check out Crutchfield, since we are on a lock down and cannot really go anywhere, sounds like a great DIY project while at home. I will try to keep this post alive with updates and pictures if I can. Be safe guys.
James
Most local places, unless you know them, are going to try to gouge you for everything that you're worth. Very rarely have I ever heard of someone being truly happy with the install from one of the local shops. There's a reason they're a dime a dozen.

Crutchfield, if you contact them through phone or chat, will put together a package if you give them a budget. So if you say you want to ONLY swap out speakers for less than $400 they'll try their best to give you options within +/- 10% or so.

·
Registered
2019 Titan Crew Cab SV
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I reached out to Crutchfield this morning, Chatted with Tom, he was upfront and straight with me.

3/26/2020 11:56:11 a.m.TomAre you planning to drive the new speakers with an amp, James?
3/26/2020 11:56:30 a.m.JamesI am hoping not to.
3/26/2020 11:56:51 a.m.TomAnd I did just notice that we have not been able to research the rear speakers in there yet.
3/26/2020 11:56:59 a.m.TomWe don't know what size will fit for you in that location.
3/26/2020 11:57:02 a.m.JamesThe current speakers in the back are lacking any real quality sound, and of course the bass effect is really non-existant
3/26/2020 11:57:28 a.m.JamesI was told by the dealership that they are 6.5 (rear speakers)
3/26/2020 11:57:34 a.m.James6x9 in the front
3/26/2020 11:58:21 a.m.TomCorrect, 6x9 is what is in the front door speakers.
3/26/2020 11:58:55 a.m.TomYou would need to create a new bracket for the speakers in the rear, and splice into the factory wiring there, are you comfortable with that, James?
3/26/2020 12:00:18 p.m.JamesI am not sure I would be comfortable doing that...
3/26/2020 12:00:33 p.m.TomI wish that I had better news for you concerning that.

So, I am now back to the drawing board, but I will contact another local installer and see what I can get done.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Interesting...thanks for keeping us updated. I too have the base stereo and would prefer to upgrade the speakers without a new head unit or amp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys,
A month ago I took delivery on a year end close out of a 2019 Titan Crew Cab SV. Its a great truck and looks sharp..... but the factory speakers (rear's for sure) are not to my liking.
I listen to music that has some bass to it, not thumping bass. So if Nine Inch Nails "Down in it", Rage Against the Machine's "Guerrilla Radio" and Korn's "Falling Away from Me" can sound like they should on a budget of $500.00 that would make my "Budget" better half happy, and me even more so.
Can anyone suggest some front door and back door speaker options?

Appreciate all your help.

I downloaded bassboster on my phone since I play everything bluetooth and it worked just fine and sounds pretty descent. Only works if streaming thru your phone. Not as good as a whole new set of speakers but descent.

·
Registered
2019 Titan Crew Cab SV
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brianwc41, I will give it a try. thanks for the tip - stay safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts