Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall.
Hi, I have a 2011 Nissan Titan Pro-4X. I have a Volant CAI with the RAM-Air Intake add-on. Also have a 170° thermostat and currently running no muffler. Just a turn down after the cab after the OEM 4 cats. I plan on doing a 2.5" into 3" exhaust with resonated b-pipes (catless secondary) into a new uninstalled Borla Pro-XS 2-into-1 muffler and maaaaybe headers. Undecided if it's worth the $450 knowing me, I'll probably trade it in a few years. Tried it installed & another top brand muffler, but it was just too quiet. Thinking my cats are plugged up (101k miles)

Anyway, I completely understand chips, tuners & ECU Flashing. I have FlashTune for my 2014 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 ABS on top of a Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Module & Bazzaz Z-AFM Wideband O2 Data Logger.

Mbiggest complaint with my Titan is the WOT Restriction. It's a pig off the line & up to highway speed. My 2004 Titan 2WD was WAAAAY faster than my 2011 4WD Pro-4X, even though my 2011 has 11 more horsepower AND VVT. That 2004 Titan was fast as hell, from what I remember back in 2006-2007. Fastest truck out there until Dodge came out with the new Ram. After my CAI, my Titan can actually soon my big 34.4" Cooper Discoverer ST MAX A/T's in 295/70/18.

I'll be purchasing either HP Tuners or UpRev when I get the money & do my exhaust. I'm just wanting something in the meantime to disable the WOT Restriction and get my monies worth out of the CAI. Don't want to get it & then get the tiny 2.25" exhaust pipes replaced. Ugh Nissan, why so small exhaust pipes on a 5.6l V8!?

So, heres my question...
Anyone know of a cheap/cheaper alternative to disable the WOT throttle restrictions aaand maybe add 2° of timing?

I know there's Pedal Commander out there. Obviously, no other performance improvement other than just quicker throttle input, but does it bypass the WOT Restriction & actually work? Reviews have been up & down.

I found this other company; PCR. Performance Chip ReVamp. (www.performancechiprevamp.com) They have their claims, but dont actually explain how their "module" works/increases performance. I emailed them asking if it disables the WOT Restriction & how exactly it increases performance; 2° timing advance or what? I honestly expect the customer service person to not really know. They're located in the U.S.; Colorado, so its not some cheap Chinese Amazon gimmicky device.
Oh and its only $60.

Lastly, I've thought about getting the BullyDog. Anyone know if it removes the WOT Restriction? I'll just sell it once I get UpRev or HP Tuners.

Thanks
20161105_180604.jpg

·
Premium Member
68,389 Posts
Performance Chip ReVamp.... :LOL: Don't waste your money. Do yourself a favor and get UpRev.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Man, you are just desperate to let a little money burn a hole in your pocket?!?

You know what you need to do, bolt-ons and UpRev, but you still are looking at cheap gimmicks?

BTW, a few differences between your previous 2WD and your newer truck:
-2WD truck much lighter.
-4WD WOT restriction isn't active for very long, most people say it stops restricting around 15mph.
-Wheels and tires....the pic you included has some fairly heavy tires compared to a 2WD, and they likely have a bunch more rolling resistance. How does the 4WD MPGs compare to your old 2WD?

Forget the gimmicks and do it right.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
You won't see much in the way of performance gains by removing WOT restriction in a 4wd. It goes away at 15mph. That said, I'm going to remove mine when I finally get around to putting the BDGT tune in. So far, just been using it as a systems monitor. Need to find time and get brave enough to install the tune. And yes, BDGT will remove the WOT restriction.

What Turbo said above is an awful lot of your issue, regarding performance. Consider you're pushing more weight, with more rotational resistance, and you're doing it over more rolling resistance. You're also (based on the looks of those tires) running maybe 60-70lbs per tire, where your 2wd probably had close to 20lbs less per tire in rolling weight. That's a lot of inertia to overcome. I'm shopping for new tires, and when I went from the OEM P-series goodyears to my current LT series BFGs, I gained about 17lbs per tire, without changing tire size. It's noticeable. Since I'm going up in tire size now, I'm looking at weights and have found some of the size I want (295/70r18, versus the 275/70r18 OEM size) which are within a couple or three pounds per tire of my current tires, but some are 10lbs heavier. I'm shopping by brand, tread design, and weight. Tire weight (inertia) makes a big difference in acceleration, mileage, and braking.

·
Registered
569 Posts
When I went from Toyo MT's to BFG KO2's, same size, the KO2's weighed 6 pounds more per tire. And they have more rolling resistance. I definitely felt it! And my MPG's took a noticeable hit. Kinda wished I stayed with Toyo MT's, I really liked those tires.

Getting the full JBA headers/Cajun exhaust with UpRev helped to make the truck faster than it was when it was new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts