Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you guys buff and wax your own trucks? mine needs to be done bad.. i always pay this "auto spa" $80 to do it and they do a great job.. i just want to know if i am wasting my money and i should be doing it myself.. thanks, derek....

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Always cheaper to do it yourself!!!

Wax on, Wax off!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Just buy a buffer at an auto parts store and get to work.

·
Registered
250 Posts
just be careful if you do it your self you have to watch out with those circle buffers they sometimes leave swirrel marks in your paint so go slow they tend not to show up as much if you keep the speed down good luck

·
Registered
240 Posts
Always do it myself for all my cars. Start with good hand wash and dry. Then clay bar. Then hand wax and buff. About 5-6 hours per car, but the results are awesome. And it is usually done once every 6 months. Plus, it gets me outta the house for bit.

·
Super Moderator
93,688 Posts
I doubt that for $80 they are doing a quality buff and wax. Get yourself a package of clay and clean the paint. You can buy a good buffer at many sites, try griot's garage. After cleaning and sealing the paint use a product like turtle wax ice or other another synthetic polish. Your initial investment will cost more than $80, but will last much longer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Go hit up mothers' website(mothers.com) they offer a 3 step process. The pre-wax cleaner, sealer and glaze, and carnauba wax as the final step. I have a clay bar that I do first and foremost then the other steps. Like its been mentioned before it takes a few hours per car but if you have a polisher and some masking tape(for any plastic) you can cut about a 1/3 of your time off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts