Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a bug deflector / hood protector and was wondering what experiences people have had (aside from the missing center clip).

Does it create wind noise or side mirror vibration?

Does it make the winshield washer fluid miss the windshield?

Does it deflect bugs (or rain or snow) over the windshield?

Would you get the Nissan version or after market?

Thanks,

Crew Cab LE

·
Registered
47 Posts
bug deflector affecting the winshield washer fluid missing the windshield haaaaaa ???? ok i'm lost :rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was wondering.

I was actually wondering if anyone made a clear bug deflector? I know they are made for some other trucks....

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don said:
bug deflector affecting the winshield washer fluid missing the windshield haaaaaa ???? ok i'm lost :rolleyes:
My concern is that the changed air flow pattern will create a low pressure region above and in the vicinity of the windshield, causing problems with the wiper fluid.

Go to www.deja.com and put the following line in the search box:

bug deflector windshield washer fluid

Here is a quote from one post:

"actually, my Bronco, with a bug shield and a sunvisor, does some funny
stuff. when i hit the windshield washer and am going over about 45MPH,
the fluid blows out toward the front of the truck."

and another:

"the mian problem I have
with mine now is trying to spray washer fluid on the windshield to wash off
the bugs that didn`t know I had a bug deflector. the fluid makes a circular
motion then blows over the roof."

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know on my Mazda, the wiper fluid hits the windshield, and I am still able to "wash" the greasy film that get on it. However, if you use Rain X or similar product, the rain will not sheet up the windshield like it should. There is definately an air pocket or turbulence that is created and the water gets blown in all directions over the windshield, so it defeats the purpose of the Rain X.

The plus side to the bug deflector, is my paint on the front part of my hood has never been damaged by bugs or little rocks that bounce up from the road. But you should see the actual deflector...

·
Registered
294 Posts
bestatchess, the bug deflector works great. With the angle of the lip on the hood and the angled lip on the deflector it works very well at reducing bugs and those annoying small pebbles that can be murder on your windshield. It doesn't eliminate them entirely but I haven't seen a hood protector that does. No problem with vibrations or using the washer fluid.

Karl

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

·
Registered
128 Posts
bestatchess said:
I am considering a bug deflector / hood protector and was wondering what experiences people have had (aside from the missing center clip).

Thanks,

Crew Cab LE

I will never put another bug deflector on a vehicle again........My 96 4runner that I traded for my Titan had a deflector and it was a pain.....definatley a cure worse than the problem!!

·
Premium Member
3,490 Posts
JAKE04TITAN said:
I will never put another bug deflector on a vehicle again........My 96 4runner that I traded for my Titan had a deflector and it was a pain.....definatley a cure worse than the problem!!
I had a bug shield on my 97 Frontier KC. I was going down the interstate
and a lug wrench bounced off of a trailer that was ahead of me.
I noticed it coming through the air at me like a tomahawk!
Before I could take evasive action, it hit the front of my truck and
chopped the right hand side section of the guard completely off.
The damage to the hood was very minor. I think that bug guard gave
its life to save my hood.

Has anyone ever seen the Lund stainless steel Interceptor hood shield?
I think it would look great on the Titans with the chrome grill
Maybe Briarman could do us up a photo?

·
Registered
10 Posts
bestatchess said:

Thanks,

Crew Cab LE
I've got the Nissan one and it installed easily and works quietly and efficiently. I live in FL. so ther are lots of bugs, but less on the glass with the deflector.

·
Registered
83 Posts
bugshield

BGT said:
I've got the Nissan one and it installed easily and works quietly and efficiently. I live in FL. so ther are lots of bugs, but less on the glass with the deflector.

Is there any drilling necessary?

·
Registered
294 Posts
RedMunsta said:
Is there any drilling necessary?
No drilling...piece of cake to put on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
bug shield

No drilling unless you loose one of the plastic inserts like I did, and have to drill a larger hole. Easy install.

Big Green Truck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there a bug deflector for the 2014 Titan that does not require the lip clips for install? I am really concerned about putting those clips over the hood to mount the EGR model I purchased. Still sitting in box and hoping for a better solution for install from another manufacture. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
yeah, no hood changes in the different year models.

Reactions: overture2112

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,726 Posts
The Stampede fits really nice and stands proud of the hood for easy cleaning. :) I love mine.

Reactions: overture2112

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I had the OEM one on my titan for eight years, worked great, mostly kept the rock chips off the hood as you still get bugs on the windshield. I don't plan on putting one on the ram they just don't look right with them in my opinion, plus it doesn't have the big flat part on the front of the hood which is a rock magnet on the Titan.

Reactions: Mrlunchbox
1 - 20 of 25 Posts