Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 4x4 and as a fun do-it-yourself project I want to fab up my own lift kit. Just spacers and a rear block for some extra lift. I work for a forklift manufacturer so I have access to free steel and the use of machining equipment. I have been thinking about the PRG kit but I am need of a fun project, plus mine would be free. So...I need some input and advise from some of the experts here and maybe some dimensions of blocks and spacers. Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Ok... so that went about 1.65 miles over my 1 head.... :lol: I think I'll just buy one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The motion ratio is about 1.65:1. that is all you need to make the spacer whatever height you want. The rest is up to you.
Because the coil over shock is mounted inboard, 1" of lift at the shock will equal 1.65" of lift at the wheel...PRG of course has already done the math to figure the ratio, it was very nice of him to share it with you...

Suspension (and steering)systems are more complicated then the finished product looks like...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I hope 'mr. fab up my own lift kit' remains online and keeps us updated with his progress.....kinda interesting

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SDTitan1 said:
I hope 'mr. fab up my own lift kit' remains online and keeps us updated with his progress.....kinda interesting

Well I have not started yet, so don't hold your breath waiting for updates guys. Greg's info helps tremendously. I knew what he meant by the motion ratio and that is the reason I love this board. Great info and people willing to share their knowledge. I probably will not be updating or posting pics because this is just a fun little project for me and I would hate for others to just start sticking crap in their suspension. PRG has built an excellent rep around here and I would hate to step on Greg's toes, if you know what I mean. I will be buying a bigger kit from him when I get the funds...this is only temporary and like I said just a fun project to help kill some time.

And no winch bumper for me...maybe some sidestep or rock sliders in the future

1 - 8 of 8 Posts