Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.... So I am planning on putting SOMETHING on the front end of my '08 Titan... as to what I just don't know yet.
I was considering going the Nissan route and purchasing the grill/brush guard, powder coated black, which will essentially cover and protect my entire front end.
However, looking through all of your pictures, I think im feelin the Bull bar with fog lights a little better. The bull bar simply make the Titan look MEAN, which really is what we are all going for right?

Any suggestions on which is better? Practical or otherwise all around better?

Thank....

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The bull bar simply make the Titan look MEAN, which really is what we are all going for right?
Mean?....more like some Texas toast street truck...:jester:
This looks mean!:

I'm so full of my self....:upsidedow

Attachments

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I would suggest the Bull Bar!!

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Neither one is really going to protect your front end, they're more for show.

IMO, though the bull bar looks much cleaner on this truck...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
bull:blueblob: !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
161,706 Posts
Another vote for the bull bar. If it's not being put on the front of a ranch truck, it's show anyway. And the bull bar makes a better show, IMHO. The grill guard makes it look like the Titan is wearing eye glasses. Quite a "spectacle". :lol:

·
Registered
602 Posts
a vote for a full brush guard. and no I thought it would not protect that much but where i live there are alot of deer in southern ohio. I bought an oem 04 brush guard off a guy on here. 2months later I creamed a nice 10 poiunt and got a golf ball size dent in my guard. thank god for it. I would have destroyed my front end on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thanks everyone for your input, I do like the look of the bull bar, and I don't deal with many deer where I live.
Glad to hear it worked for you though.

·
Registered
775 Posts
My vote? Hmmmmmmmmm...................bull HORNS! Be sure to post the pics for all to see!

:cowtongue :cowtongue :cowtongue

·
Registered
441 Posts
Definate bull bar, IMO the brush gaurds available for the Titan just do not look right. I have always thought that it makes it look like you hit a big butterfly.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
bull bar! heres a pic of mine

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Grill/Brush guard, I didn't expect much protection from mine, I just loved the looks. I have already pegged a deer, the only damage was a little lost powder coat. Money well spent.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
luvbelly said:
Grill/Brush guard, I didn't expect much protection from mine, I just loved the looks. I have already pegged a deer, the only damage was a little lost powder coat. Money well spent.
Hey luvbelly, that's a nice brush guard. Where did you buy it? I need the hardware to install mine... unfortunately, it didn't come with the nuts and bolts.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
alby said:
Hey luvbelly, that's a nice brush guard. Where did you buy it? I need the hardware to install mine... unfortunately, it didn't come with the nuts and bolts.
It's a westin sprotsman KD. I bought it from autoanything but you can get it almost anywhere. It's been holding up very well, this will be it's second north east winter.

·
Registered
440 Posts
:rainbow: :coolsmile I like the looks of the brush bar, but I went with the OEM Nissan Brush Guard. I did the install in my drive way and the unit blends perfectly with the lines of the truck. :muncher: It provides the best protection that is full coverage. I kept my OEM skid plat and even installed a modified Armada front spoiler. :bsod:

:deathsent Ok, I might lose the spoiler if I hit the off road too hard, but it's functional for the highway. :flamed: By the way, I had to remove the to OEM tow hooks, but the OEM brush guard has integrated eyelets to replace them.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I love the look of the westin bull bar. The 2 pics that were posted just show how great they look on the front of a titan. And there will definetaly be one on the front of mine shortly. On the other hand I think the brush guard looks hideous, just my opinion though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
TitanZ04 said:
:rainbow: :coolsmile I like the looks of the brush bar, but I went the OEM Nissan Brush Guard. I did the install in my drive way and the unit blends perfectly with the lines of the truck. :muncher: It provides the best protection that is full coverage. I kept my OEM skid plat and even installed a modified Armada front spoiler. :bsod:

:deathsent Ok, I might lose the spoiler if I hit the off road too hard, but it's functional for the highway. :flamed: By the way, I had to remove the to OEM tow hooks, but the OEM brush guard has integrated eyelets to replace them.

Finally...someone who mentioned the tow hooks...which is my biggest concern...for snow or mud or whatever being towed out from the front is the best way and if a bull or brush bar means you lose the tow hooks IMHO they are useless...unless of course you don't encounter either snow or mud or offroading...

Does anyone of you Bullbar owners know if you can keep your tow hooks...it's very tough to tell by the pics and not one online site seems to tell you this in their product descriptions....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts