Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should the A/F ratio be with the BDGT installed? I just installed it and drove around running errands this afternoon, and my A/F ratio was between 14.7-15.0. Where should it be, and how can I get it there? Truck has a K&N filter and Stillen exhaust on it. The BDGT is set to reg fuel, 1* timing advance.

Another question, is there a trick to changing the timing on the BDGT? I get to the timing change page, but it does nothing when I hit either the up or down arrows to change the timing, just shows 0*.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
AFR's need to be checked at WOT.Most will see #'s at high 11's to low 12's. To adjust the timing be sure the truck is at operating temperture, otherwise it won't work.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Just go out and video the BDGT screen and do a 0-60 for us and post it up. WOT AFR should be somewhere in the mid 11 to high 12 range. Titan sweet spot for AFR is about 12.6 to 12.9. You will see that number most likely right before the shift.

Timing is done at operating temp of 180*. Just go out and drive around for about 10 minutes and it should let you do it. Take the timing to at least +2. I ran the 87+4 on mine for months with no problems. The 93+4 and 87+4 also ran the fastest times at the track. It was .1 faster than the 87+2. Hope this helps ya man:)

If you choose to log the timing it should max out anywhere from 32 to 34 degrees of timing to be safe. Mine maxed at 33 to 34 degrees.

My coolant temp never went above 192* even in the summer, just fyi

Trans temp was about 170* if I remember right........ In the winter it would be right around 150 to 160

Any other questions, fire away:)

Reactions: Galaxian

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just go out and video the BDGT screen and do a 0-60 for us and post it up. WOT AFR should be somewhere in the mid 11 to high 12 range. Titan sweet spot for AFR is about 12.6 to 12.9. You will see that number most likely right before the shift.

Timing is done at operating temp of 180*. Just go out and drive around for about 10 minutes and it should let you do it. Take the timing to at least +2. I ran the 87+4 on mine for months with no problems. The 93+4 and 87+4 also ran the fastest times at the track. It was .1 faster than the 87+2. Hope this helps ya man:)

If you choose to log the timing it should max out anywhere from 32 to 34 degrees of timing to be safe. Mine maxed at 33 to 34 degrees.

My coolant temp never went above 192* even in the summer, just fyi

Trans temp was about 170* if I remember right........ In the winter it would be right around 150 to 160

Any other questions, fire away:)

I just put my gt on last night and all this is a great reference to have. But i as well have the issue with not being able to change my timing from the 2* its set at right now. Thats with my truck warm and all of that. I will be looking into this little issue right now and will update.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I just put my gt on last night and all this is a great reference to have. But i as well have the issue with not being able to change my timing from the 2* its set at right now. Thats with my truck warm and all of that. I will be looking into this little issue right now and will update.
Not sure why. If your truck is over 180* it should let you set your timing up to +4.......let me know what you find out. I'm sure you know but it's under special functions.

Also just for reference, my 87 tune AFR ran in the low 12's, my 93 tune ran richer at high 11's. Point is, if your running a little lean, say in the low 13's, you can put the 87 tune on and most likely richen up a bit.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it set to +2*. Truck needs to not only be warmed up, but also running to change it. The BDGT just says to turn the key to RUN, same as when changing the tune - which doesn't work when the truck is running.

At WOT I was getting about 12.9, so I guess I'm in the right range. I'm gonna fool around with the tunes and fuel to see what difference I get. I'm primarily doing this to get more power for towing, so hopefully it's gonna help me with that. I pretty much never floor my truck. WOT, drag-racing results are not really what I'm after.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
12.9 is very good, and keep an eye on that to see if it changes due to the learning process. Yes, timing advance is done while running and tuning is not.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Got it set to +2*. Truck needs to not only be warmed up, but also running to change it. The BDGT just says to turn the key to RUN, same as when changing the tune - which doesn't work when the truck is running.

At WOT I was getting about 12.9, so I guess I'm in the right range. I'm gonna fool around with the tunes and fuel to see what difference I get. I'm primarily doing this to get more power for towing, so hopefully it's gonna help me with that. I pretty much never floor my truck. WOT, drag-racing results are not really what I'm after.
Glad you got it! 12.9 is perfect IMO, as long as you dont see readings in the low 13's to often. I wish mine would have been 12.9 with it:(

·
Registered
827 Posts
*Subscribed*

My BDGT goes in tomorrow morning

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Optimal is actually 12.68 @ WOT.

·
Registered
827 Posts
At what elevation?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Should the air/fuel be reading from sensor 1 or 2? I just downloaded the 87 tune on my 2010 and at WOT it is reading AFR's in the low 10's, reading from sensor 1. I have not tried the 93 tune as of yet. The throttle sensitivity and wot restriction makes a huge difference in the performance.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Agreed. The WOT restriction alone is enough to want to buy one. The performance is awesome, this is how it should run from the factory

I have mine set to the 87 tune +2 of timing and i get mostly 11's at WOT but i'm running 91 fuel. Low numbers mean rich and high is lean correct? I'm guessing i'm running a little rich due to higher octane fuel but i've ran nothing but 91 in it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
FISHER- switch "A" is for 2007-2010. switch "B" is for 2005-2006. You want "A".

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Correct. 13 @wot is lean. Try running the same setup but with 89 octane.

·
Registered
827 Posts
13 is lean? What numbers should i shoot for running 91 octane? I've switched the octane settings to reflect the fuel i'm actually running.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
IMO, anything under 13.3 at WOT is safe.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Cool. Lastly, should i try to reset my ECU to help the learning process or wait til i get my exhaust put on?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I never reset mine.

Reactions: Call_Sign_Maverick

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thanks for the info, Sudden. 'preciate it

1 - 20 of 77 Posts