Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just had a question about the BDGT. Love the tuner by the way!:redblob"

If I run it with the "extreme performance" tune all of the time, can it damage my truck? Im not one who gets on it all of the time...I dont even really take it off road (I baby it) but there are those times when I just like to just go fast off the line and have some fun. I could really care less about drag racing everyone. I just dont want to do anything to it to introduce premature wear and tear (besides the tires of course).

Currently I am running WOT disabled, Extreme throttle and speed limiter off. I always run my truck with 91 octane fuel. Utah has bad fuel from what I am told. I haven't adjusted the timming yet.....plan on setting that at +2* in the next couple of days to see if that makes any difference.

So.....is the setup Im using going to hurt anything? Its a 4 wheel drive truck with 35" tires with a 6" lift if that makes any difference at all.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Either I have asked a stupid question or I have baffled the forum. Im gonna say it was a hard question.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Are u running the performance tune? I dont think it will hurt but I am no expert

Sent from my samsung fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It shouldnt hurt. Just use the right tune for the type of gas you are using which sounds like you are doing already.
Thank you!

Reactions: jpac811

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You have stock, 87 and 93 tuning selections. The extreme refers to throttle response sensitivity. Some like the jerky feeling with the extreme setting, but it does not improve 1/4 mile performance. I think the extreme setting will wear the drive train components more quickly than the OEM setting, but it's nothing to worry about over a five year plus time frame.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just had a question about the BDGT. Love the tuner by the way!:redblob"

If I run it with the "extreme performance" tune all of the time, can it damage my truck? Im not one who gets on it all of the time...I dont even really take it off road (I baby it) but there are those times when I just like to just go fast off the line and have some fun. I could really care less about drag racing everyone. I just dont want to do anything to it to introduce premature wear and tear (besides the tires of course).

Currently I am running WOT disabled, Extreme throttle and speed limiter off. I always run my truck with 91 octane fuel. Utah has bad fuel from what I am told. I haven't adjusted the timming yet.....plan on setting that at +2* in the next couple of days to see if that makes any difference.

So.....is the setup Im using going to hurt anything? Its a 4 wheel drive truck with 35" tires with a 6" lift if that makes any difference at all.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Where in Utah are you at? I'm in Sandy and there is a good number of Titans on here!!! I run WOT disabled, 2* timing advance and the premium tune (91 octane tune). I run performance throttle because I'm not a fan of the jerky throttle response... it can still get up and go when needed :) We are having a meet up of some Titans next Saturday so PM me if you are interested in hanging out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts