Nissan Titan Forum banner

DAily drivers tell a difference with or with out your BDGT Lifted or not.

• Yes I tell a difference and I think its worth it

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • No I cant tell a difference

Votes: 9 22.5%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for evveryone who has a daily driver, and has the bully dog GT. Can you really tell a difference with it installed yes or no?

If you say yes or if you say no let us know if your truck is lifted or not.

I do believe that if you tow or race your truck you might see a difference. But honestly in a daily driver is it really worth the 500 bucks?

Personally I dont see much of a difference in myne.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Is the BDGT worth $500? NO, however it only retails for $399. Most of the time you can snag one up for $275-$325 used. I paid $275 used, and you can definetly tell a difference. Most of the difference may in fact just be removal of WOT restriction, though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I love my Bullydog GT !! I definately noticed a difference in performance. You get a tune, WOT restriction removed, 2* timing advance, throttle settings, and a awesome monitor, whats not to like !! This mod is great in combination with a CAI and exhaust. You probobly see a bigger difference with the "Big 3" mods working together, I know I did. BTW my truck is lowered 2".

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I am in agreement with SC'dT... Lifted w/35" tires... When I ran mine, regular tune, WOT restriction removed, without throttle sensitivity turned up... I really noticed the easier takeoff from a stop, and less strain to pass or accelerate... I couldn't see gas mileage improvement because I am an aggressive driver... :(

The Bonus of the BDGT is... It allows all those adjustinle options... The same BDGT installed in other makes, ie Ford F150 just loads a tune and doesn't give them the adjustable features of timing, WOT removal, Etc. (I know because I helped a buddy install it in his 2010 F150 earlier today...)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Ok for evveryone who has a daily driver, and has the bully dog GT. Can you really tell a difference with it installed yes or no?

I do believe that if you tow or race your truck you might see a difference. But honestly in a daily driver is it really worth the 500 bucks?

I'm lifted 7" with 35's. Night and day difference. You must be doing something wrong. Tell us what all your settings are, and how exactly you installed it.

Worth every penny. I paid $320 new. Once I get UpRev I can sell my BDGT for about $275, and make almost everything back.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts

Don't pay 500 for one! You can get them all day long for 350 new. I love mine! I had to learn how to drive my truck again, the throttle is super sensitive. I saw a huge difference in performance, and it helps a good bit with gas milage, because of the driving coach.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Stock suspension paired w/ cai and cb. Certainly a noticable difference. To prove my point I put the BDGt back to the default settings (stock) needless to say ,it only lasted that way for three days.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
05 XE 2wd with stock everything, except gutted cats.

The biggest difference that I notice from the BDGT is the throttle sensitivity. Makes the truck more fun to drive.

I am still suffering with the 40mph restriction at part throttle, or flooring it from a roll. Drives me nuts! When I hit 40mph, my "turbo" kicks in. :ftard:

There is just something weird with my truck, because I have tried Superchips, BD and even UpRev, and it still feels like I'm restricted with all of them. So no, in my case, I can't tell much difference.

With that said, on rare occasions my truck will feel like a beast. Doesn't seem to be related to anything external, like weather or time of day. Totally random. Then the next day, feels tame again. :crying:

Those with 4 wheel drive probably won't see the "night and day" difference because 4x4s don't have much of a restriction to begin with, compared to the 2wds.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
Love my BDGT. The really noticeable difference was the removal of the wot restriction. As far as mpg havnt seen a difference. I paid $355 at autoanything and it was worth it just having the wot restriction removed.

·
Registered
855 Posts
So should i spend the 400 on the GT or 250-300 fpr te Power Pup? If they both do the same thing. Is the gt just more because of the monitor?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
So should i spend the 400 on the GT or 250-300 fpr te Power Pup? If they both do the same thing. Is the gt just more because of the monitor?
Both have the same tuning options, but the GT allows you to add 4 degrees of timing instead of 2. The GT also allows you to adjust the throttle sensitivity and monitor several sensors. Bully dog no longer supports the Power Pup, so new updates will no longer be available from what I read. I wouldn't be surprised to see used Pups selling for $125-$150 in the near future.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Both have the same tuning options, but the GT allows you to add 4 degrees of timing instead of 2. The GT also allows you to adjust the throttle sensitivity and monitor several sensors. Bully dog no longer supports the Power Pup, so new updates will no longer be available from what I read. I wouldn't be surprised to see used Pups selling for $125-$150 in the near future.
Stupid question but can you run regular gas (87 octane) on 2 degrees advanced timing?

When I advanced my G20's timing, I had to start using premium.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
6" lift on 33s. YES THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!!!!! If I wanted to I could spin my tires for a solid 6 seconds.

whiskey, I ran 87 with the 2* timing advance and was fine :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Not lifted but I paid 280 for mine and I think it was well worth it. Before the gt my mpg was 12 sometimes 13. Now its 14 sometimes 15. Not sure if the program itsself helped that much but the coach and efficeincy def helps out. Plus its almost worth the money for the wot!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I installed it and had to contact bullydog so they could get me a custom map installed for my 37's. Maybe since the truck sat for a long time while I was on deployment and had the battery disconnected and installed once a month for crank up purposes only. It has cleared the map I willtalk to Bully Dog and see what they say. Thanks for everyones inputs. I was seriously about to sell this thing haha

oh one more question what is everyones normal transmission temperature? And what is the high points where you need to worry? Thanks!

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
Good question, I was wondering the same thing. I run a coolant temp of 182-190 and tranny temp of 160 average on my 2wd in Louisiana.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a big difference between the bully dog gt platinum and the bully dog triple dog gt platinum?? Anybody? Just received the reg platinum in mail. My truck is lifted 35/1/2inch tires getting 10mpg without any mods besides my k&n cai. Borla exhaust on its way. Not worried bout mpg but performance wise what's the difference between these tuners

1 - 18 of 18 Posts