Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the unit on Friday and I've been pulling my hair out ever since. The install was easy enough, got the update installed, but when it is connected to my truck it'll read "Initializing Communication" constantly. The message will sometimes go away, but none of the gauges are working and I can't do any downloads or change any of the trucks settings. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I received the unit on Friday and I've been pulling my hair out ever since. The install was easy enough, got the update installed, but when it is connected to my truck it'll read "Initializing Communication" constantly. The message will sometimes go away, but none of the gauges are working and I can't do any downloads or change any of the trucks settings. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?
Kind of a no brainer here, but you do have the right year range selected for your truck, right?

·
Registered
158 Posts
is the other end of the HDMI cord plugged into the info port of the truck?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Did you buy this used or new?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Brand new in packaging...bought it from summit
Did the unit ever go into the initial setup screens like it shows in the instruction manual?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It went through the initial ones with the exception of the install. It never asked me if I wanted to do an install like it did in the instructions.

·
Registered
517 Posts
It went through the initial ones with the exception of the install. It never asked me if I wanted to do an install like it did in the instructions.
Have you tried doing a download from the user menu?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep...I tried pretty much everything, made sure everythings connected. I'm at a complete loss at this point as to how to fix this. I guess I'll have to check with tech support

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes, tech support is your best bet. Very helpful.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just recieved mine this past week. It does have it's quirks. To get the BD GT to initialize I found the key must be turned to the RUN position without firing the engine. Once the device is up and running I turn the key back off for navagation through the menu (I haven't wired the trigger wiring yet), to reduce load on the battery. I have found before downloading a tune you need to turn the key to the RUN position before choosing install download. If you choose install download and then turn the key on when the BD promts to it will freeze and you have to turn the key off and flip the switch on the unit or unplug the HDMI cable from the GT and start over. You have to repeat the INT. process again. So I have remembered to turn the key on before downloading.

You will notice the fan comes on during the download. Don't freak out, it is normal. It will stop running and the device will prompt you to turn the key off for 9-10 seconds. Turn it off and leave it off until it prompts you to turn it to the RUN/ON position again, but do not start the engine until it says the download is complete.

Another thing you may need to make shure you have done is to update the GT itself from the menu. Updating the GT with it connected to the PC only installs the update to the SD card. You must flash the update to the GT from the SD card when you first plug it into the truck.

I had a querk with the v1.1.1.3 on mine. There was a constant anoying coolant warning alarm that would not stop and the coolant temp was fine. I called tech support and they sent me firmware v1.1.1.4 and it fixed that problem.

I now have a new problem. I can't get the device to advance the timing. It just says +0. Pressing the up button changes nothing. I remember reading where a member had a firmware v1.1.1.5. Maybe it will fix this bug? I'll be contacting tech support Monday.

I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I now have a new problem. I can't get the device to advance the timing. It just says +0. Pressing the up button changes nothing. I remember reading where a member had a firmware v1.1.1.5. Maybe it will fix this bug? I'll be contacting tech support Monday.
I find the only way to advance the timing is when the car is on. It won't advance if I have it off and I'm just going through the menu.

·
Registered
61 Posts
08Sentra, I thought about trying that, but was afraid to. I may give it a shot. I did wait 'til the temp' was over the stated temp'. Can't remember, but I think it was 188 on one try and 192 on another.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Myne was kinda shady, and I had to go through the vehicle set up to get it installed correctly. Then later it ****ed up on me and I had to get it replaced... BULLYDOG does admit there is a bad batch out there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
08Sentra, I thought about trying that, but was afraid to. I may give it a shot. I did wait 'til the temp' was over the stated temp'. Can't remember, but I think it was 188 on one try and 192 on another.
I know, you want to be careful with things. That's the way I am too especially with my car. It just wouldn't let me do it when the car was off.

Basically after wiring up the BD to the car and downloading the tune, you can turn the vehicle on like normal and access the Special features menu for the timing. Then you should be able to press the Up and Down button for the timing selection (after you've warmed up), and then hitting back to Confirm.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I changed mine while it was running.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Only problem I have with mine is when I turn the truck off it stays on. Even when I unplug it it will stay lol. I should reread the directions. :p I assume it's in a wrong fuse spot. Anyone want to tell me which fuse they plug theirs into? Mines plugged into leather seat controls but I have an XE. Maybe since that's not wired up it's always on? Is the Wiper a good choice? I wire mine in the passenger fuse box.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts