Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting the new Bully Dog GT Programmer for my 2005 LE. Does anyone already have this? What are your thoughts/opinions on it? Does anyone know of one that is better?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Superchips tunes seemed to give a better throttle response and was quite a bit more fun to drive than a BD Tune + 2* Advance on Carbeaux's Titan. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
i'm in the same boat with you PK with the same truck...

·
Registered
158 Posts
i like the actually BD GT unit itself, the display looks nice and i like the up to the second data... plus i have read lots of good reviews on it so thats why i am deciding to go the BD route, just waiting to find a good deal on one is all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've read the same stuff. I like the look of it, the real time data and all the features it has. But I am really looking to increase my fuel economy so I want to get the best one for that, while still adding a little 'getty-up' in the process. What's the cheapest you have found it Highway?

·
Registered
174 Posts
What all do you guys wanna know??

·
Registered
174 Posts
Superchips tunes seemed to give a better throttle response and was quite a bit more fun to drive than a BD Tune + 2* Advance on Carbeaux's Titan. :D
I dunno about that the GT gives you four different throttle sensitivities/response all the way from fuel saver-EXTREME, and i love my 93+2* tune alot :teethmast

·
Registered
437 Posts
So, how does the hand held programmers (e.g. BD, HyperTech, Superchips etc.) rank in order of best to least best (top-down) and what is the comparision to the Stillen VK Pro (Plug and Play) performance output?

·
Registered
158 Posts
i found 1 on sale, refurbished mined you on amazon for $320US.... that seems like a good price but refurbished sometimes scares me away, especially for something that is going to be effecting my trucks ECU. I'm hopefully working on a deal with a fellow member for his for $300 but we shall see if it goes thru.

As for me i want it for a boost in performance and a little help on fuel economy on the long highway trips south. the BD seems to get you better MPG if you have it in the fuel saver setting because as others have mentioned its going to be hard to save gas when its so fun to drive :)

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I dunno about that the GT gives you four different throttle sensitivities/response all the way from fuel saver-EXTREME, and i love my 93+2* tune alot :teethmast
Just wait until you try a Superchips 93+2* sometime then. :teeth:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well im always up for something new!! Wanna trade for a week or two? :eyebrow:

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Thats what I'm sayin'. I've tried the BD tunes and the SC is more responsive than the BD. I want to run them back to back someday. Next time I go to the track I PROMISE I will run my truck w/out SC 2x and then run it with SC 2x and see how much it really gives me in the 1/4 mile, but I'm guessing .4 or .45:)

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Thats what I'm sayin'. I've tried the BD tunes and the SC is more responsive than the BD. I want to run them back to back someday. Next time I go to the track I PROMISE I will run my truck w/out SC 2x and then run it with SC 2x and see how much it really gives me in the 1/4 mile, but I'm guessing .4 or .45:)
This is just my honest opinion with absolutely no numbers or proof to back it up:

Superchips -vs- Bullydog - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I run the Superchip with the 87 performance program. Once you feel the increase in power you can forget about fuel economy. I lost about 2mpg and I guess I'm starting to lose my tires as well. Not that I'm complaining because you can easily go back to the stock program but what fun would that be.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Those that compare a power pup to a s/c is lame. Its well known that they did not include the throttle sensitivity tuning in the power pups. This is included in the s/c tunes. However, throttle sensitivity is available and adjustable in the GT. Currently, there is nothing currently available in the nissan handheld market that is better then the BDGT.

I know this might make some delicate types butthurt, but it is what it is. What else would you expect from the company that was 1st to market for the titans and backed by Nismo?

If you plan on a rebuttal, please make sure its something that is actually intelligent and viable. If you think that tuning is that much different on n/a gas platforms then you are not only wrong, your completely uneducated. But then again, it is what it is. ;)

Reactions: alexk1031

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Those that compare a power pup to a s/c is lame. Its well known that they did not include the throttle sensitivity tuning in the power pups. This is included in the s/c tunes. However, throttle sensitivity is available and adjustable in the GT. Currently, there is nothing currently available in the nissan handheld market that is better then the BDGT.

I know this might make some delicate types butthurt, but it is what it is. What else would you expect from the company that was 1st to market for the titans and backed by Nismo?

If you plan on a rebuttal, please make sure its something that is actually intelligent and viable. If you think that tuning is that much different on n/a gas platforms then you are not only wrong, your completely uneducated. But then again, it is what it is. ;)

Holy incomprehensible agreement Batman!! You hit the nail on the head right there. Never thought I'd ever agree w.you on anything. Guess there really IS a first time for everything huh?

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
You know me. I make miracles happen!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts