Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another BDGT question?! OMG! Seriously though, I've searched the site and googled for the last 30 minutes and either i'm not searching the right terms or the questions not been asked/answered.

My question is about removal of the OBDII adapter and GT itself once the update has been done on the vehicle. And no, i'm not looking for tuning several vehicles. I just work in some pretty crappy areas at times and it would be nice to be able to tune the truck and then remove the adapter and gauge unit for when I work in said areas so that components don't go missing.

Would removing these after the update affect the tune? Are they required for it to be operational or can I just use them when needed and still have the tune done?

Also, obviously the OBDII adapter (not the tune) would need to be removed for emissions purposes, so I just want to make sure i'm solid on still being tuned and the OBDII adapter and gauge unit are strictly for monitoring purposes and not keeping the tune or selected options on the vehicle.

Thanks guys!

OBX LT's on the way to replace the cracked manifolds.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You can load your tune and remove the connection for as long as you want without losing the tune or anything.else.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I couldn't find it in the manual anywhere. I picked one up earlier and coolness factor took over on the keeping-it-mine factor. lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts