Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been running the regular tune on my Titan for a year, last week i switched it to the premium tune, ive noticed going up hill seems to be smoother and the exhaust isnt as loud like it's not pulling as hard. also with the regular tune my tranny kinda acts weird around 40mph until it changes gears, driving at exactly 40ph makes the truck run kinda sluggish unless you give it enough gas to switch gears. so now with me running the premium tune the transition through 40ph is smoother with more power.

Why does my truck run like that without the premium tune? what is the premium tune changing that makes my truck run like it should?

im kinda puzzled on this. also with no tune at all, the truck runs sluggish as well.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
This is interesting...I'm trying to install mine right now...but it keeps saying my battery is low and resetting! idk how it could possibly be low enuff that it won't install...hopefully when I do get this thing installed I'll know what ur talkin about

·
Registered
179 Posts
I posted a thread earlier this week about the bullydog rep suggesting that I run the premium tune as opposed to the 87 tune and 2* timing. I changed to the 93 tune and no advance and to me it runs a lot better and seems a lot more powerful. The bullydog rep said the premium tune is superior to the 87 tune in every way and I now believe him. I do not plan on going back to the 87 and 2*. I am way happier with the premium tune and the best thing is I can use 89 octane !!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yes make sure its updaded! I was 17 versions behind and once updated it made a huge diff.

·
Registered
79 Posts
which bully dog programmer do you guys have? im looking to get one but dont know which one to get. once i put the lift on my truck it definately slowed down my truck. which programmer would suit me best to get a pep in my step again.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Just call the bullydog help line and make sure its updated correctly. The number is on their site.

·
Registered
249 Posts
This is interesting...I'm trying to install mine right now...but it keeps saying my battery is low and resetting! idk how it could possibly be low enuff that it won't install...hopefully when I do get this thing installed I'll know what ur talkin about
I had a similar problem on a GM. The problem turned out to be a blown fuse for the power to the obd2 port. I would check you fuses.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
turn&burn/markD , while doing the install have the battery hooked to a charger...problem solved.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
turn&burn/markD , while doing the install have the battery hooked to a charger...problem solved.
I got it installed...it's all up and running now! And im lovin it!!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
quick update, ive noticed my truck no longer hops and bounces in the rear end when running premium tune , before on no tune or regular tune i could barley give my truck a little gas and i could make it start hopping in the rear. now i cant get it to bounce again, it's much smoother. this is very strange, i know many people with titans have the bouncing issues, but to find out a tune can fix it puzzles me.

does the bully dog,adjust the tranny in any way?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
quick update, ive noticed my truck no longer hops and bounces in the rear end when running premium tune , before on no tune or regular tune i could barley give my truck a little gas and i could make it start hopping in the rear. now i cant get it to bounce again, it's much smoother. this is very strange, i know many people with titans have the bouncing issues, but to find out a tune can fix it puzzles me.

does the bully dog,adjust the tranny in any way?
The 93 tune holds the trans line pressure longer.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I've noticed the same thing...interesting

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The 93 tune holds the trans line pressure longer.
very interesting, ive always thought the bouncing was something to do with the tranny. what exactly is the line pressure doing? i dont know much when it comes to transmissions.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts