Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to pass this along to everyone else.

i just got off the phone with BullyDog techs, for an unrelated issue regarding my BDGT.
they said that anyone with the powerpup should use caution everytime they take their truck to the dealer, even if they uninstall the tune before they take it in, they might have problems putting the tune back on.
in 2011 Nissan came up with new encryption codes for their ECUs that the powerpup can not handle, so try to make sure they do not reflash your ECU unless it really has to get done.

this could be true, or the tech is just trying to get more people to buy the BDGT instead of the BDPP, but he had no reason to tell me that since i already had a BDGT, and had no idea i would be posting this.

i just figured i'd share.

·
Super Moderator
160,800 Posts
Then it seems to me they should offer an update.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they can not offer an update, the hardware for the powerpup can not handle the new codes,
the BDGT has a faster processor and memory than the powerpup.
also, the BDGT came out to replace the powerpup.

and i'm sure you can bring it up to bullydog, they would be mroe than happy to tell you "no"

·
Super Moderator
160,800 Posts
Sadly, I'm quite certain they would.

If that happens, it'll be time for Uprev.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lucky for you, Up/Rev HQ is down the street from you.

but like any other buisness, the powerpup could not handle the new software, that's why the BDGT came out.
and i'm sure a few years down the line, the BDGT will be useless and a new super programer will take it's place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts