Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question.. i just ordered my bracket lifted SAWS for my 04 4x4.. right now my bump stops that came with the cst 7inch lift have around 3 inch metal brackets with the original bump stops bolted on top.. since i will be running saws can those brackets come off and just bolt the original bump stops straight to the lower control arm for more travel now or just leave as is???

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
question.. i just ordered my bracket lifted SAWS for my 04 4x4.. right now my bump stops that came with the cst 7inch lift have around 3 inch metal brackets with the original bump stops bolted on top.. since i will be running saws can those brackets come off and just bolt the original bump stops straight to the lower control arm for more travel now or just leave as is???
The travel that you gain will be droop travel not bump travel so leave the extension on there.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks thats what i need to know... so with them out i would risk blowing the shocks out?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
thanks thats what i need to know... so with them out i would risk blowing the shocks out?
No but when you bottom everything would be on the coilover as opposed to the bump stops which isn't good for the coilover. My old Radlfo rears were too long and bottomed before my axle hit the bumps. It ended up bending the shock shafts.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Bump stops for the cst are covered in the lift and shock overview sticky ... just get a 2" urethane bumpstop.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i will get... also i can remove my front sway bar with this set up right??.. i know im getting the heavier spring rate

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
thats what i will get... also i can remove my front sway bar with this set up right??.. i know im getting the heavier spring rate
You can try it by just removing the endlinks and then turn the bar forward and use heavy duty zip ties to keep it up out of the way, temporarily. At least this worked on my non bracket, coilover lift.

I installed the PRG links after trying it for a week or two like that. I drive a lot of curvy roads and didn't like the feel of it, and don't offroad often enough to make it worth it to me. Some like it better without the bar though so it's good to try, especially if you offroad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts