Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I can't friggin' believe it. I've had my '05 for ONE WEEK! We hit some very bad winter weather last night/this morning in eastern/northen New Mexico. Snow-packed roads, some ice, near-blizzard conditions. Very bad. But I made it...my 2WD CC pushed through.

Then, I'm THREE MILES from our destination and I fish-tail into a guard rail. @#[email protected]#[email protected]#$!!

So, I damaged my front passenger-side bumper end and bumper filler. I've found them online (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?Ntt=Nissan+Bumper+titan&Ntk=Main&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=4294967022)

But, I'm assuming you order them paint color notwithstanding? Do Nissan dealerships do body work like this? Meaning, can I go in when I have my reverse sensor looked at and say "hey can you fix this for me as well?"

PICTURES TO FOLLOW

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
What color is your truck?
They do have to be painted, and they are not at all difficult to change.

·
Super Moderator
93,665 Posts
Wallemee is correct. Any competent body shop will be able to color match them for you.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's smoke. I'm assuming those are the only 2 parts I'll need. It doesn't look TOO bad, but once I get some pics up I'll see what y'all say.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK, here are some pics I just took. It also looks like the right passenger-side panel is sticking out a bit in one of those pics, but I'm not sure if that's not something that's simple enough a body shop could fix w/o buying a new one.

As for the bumper end and filler, I'll definitely get new ones. The end is scratched and the filler is broken. What do y'all think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
While everybody likes to see pics of accident damage, I think it is safe to say that they also like to see pics of your squaw.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
walleeme said:
While everybody likes to see pics of accident damage, I think it is safe to say that they also like to see pics of your squaw.
HEY now...help me out with this and you'll get rewarded!

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, now that I think about it...good point

·
Super Moderator
93,665 Posts
matthews said:
OK, here are some pics I just took. It also looks like the right passenger-side panel is sticking out a bit in one of those pics, but I'm not sure if that's not something that's simple enough a body shop could fix w/o buying a new one.

As for the bumper end and filler, I'll definitely get new ones. The end is scratched and the filler is broken. What do y'all think?
A good body shop mechanic can fix the fender, but it will probably have to be painted? Hard to tell from the photo.

·
Premium Member
75,682 Posts
the womans saw a bull bar this morning that she liked... she like "that makes it look tough"... but i like the tow hooks and don't really need one.. then i showed her my driving light ideas and she said it looked wimpy.. women..

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
HOw much help do you want?
Show up over here, and I will cut you a good deal on this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
walleeme said:
HOw much help do you want?
Show up over here, and I will cut you a good deal on this.
Well, thanks for the offer, but I already ordered the bumper end and bumper filler from carbodyparts.net

I tried calling the body shop the Nissan dealer recommended but no dice, closed. I guess I'll have to waaaaait. Now I gotta find a car wash so I clean all the gravel/sand crap off

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
At least our Titans have the 3 piece bumper. Imagine if we had a 1 piece, we would have to replace the whole thing! Both of my covers have "battle scars"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts