Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just switched back to my stock honda head unit since I'm going to be trading it in on the Titan, and it got me to thinking, do the Titan cd players play burnt cds okay? What about mp3 cds?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,397 Posts
My 04 plays burned cd's just fine. I do not burn them as mp3's though, because the 04 aren't supposed to beable to play them. As far as i know, all the others will though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,783 Posts
Yes is your answer!

All I play are burnt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick responses. That sucks about the MP3 cds, but as long as I can figure out how to hook up my ipod (researching that currently), I'll be fine.

Thanks again!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
DVan8504 said:
Thanks for the quick responses. That sucks about the MP3 cds, but as long as I can figure out how to hook up my ipod (researching that currently), I'll be fine.

Thanks again!
There's a few way to use your iPod. AUX input, the factory iPod harness or something like the http://www.activetuning.com/products/multiple/PXNI/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
2007's can play burned CD's, and also recognize MP3 and WMA format.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
73,321 Posts
hmm my 04 RF systems plays burned cd's just fine, not sure about mp3 cd's but looks like the guys above helped you out there...

i run my ipod through the AUX port on the front bezel.. works just fine however sometimes it doesn't seem loud enough for me... probably pick up an inline amp for when i have the windows down @ high speeds. it seems like a lot of wires hanging around but i'll manage. i'd like to get a new head unit in time.. research research. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
DeadRiver said:
hmm my 04 RF systems plays burned cd's just fine, not sure about mp3 cd's but looks like the guys above helped you out there...

i run my ipod through the AUX port on the front bezel.. works just fine however sometimes it doesn't seem loud enough for me... probably pick up an inline amp for when i have the windows down @ high speeds. it seems like a lot of wires hanging around but i'll manage. i'd like to get a new head unit in time.. research research. :)
Try turning up the volume on the iPod itself but not all the way or else your sound will distort. This will help with the loudness. I keep mine turned up to about 75%. Also try tinkering with the Equalizer on your iPod. This can help too.

Just plugging it into the Aux can save you about 200 dollars on some cable that does the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GoombaJebboMT said:
Try turning up the volume on the iPod itself but not all the way or else your sound will distort. This will help with the loudness. I keep mine turned up to about 75%. Also try tinkering with the Equalizer on your iPod. This can help too.

Just plugging it into the Aux can save you about 200 dollars on some cable that does the same thing.
I dunno about the Titan's HU, but on my sony one you can actually adjust the Aux volume. There's regular volume and aux volume.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,633 Posts
ScottK said:
Mine will too!
That's because the files are converted before you burn them in which case they aren't mp3. If they are TRULY mp3 files, then you can store WAAAAY more than the 15-20 songs that you're getting per disc. It's more like 100 songs or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
debos titan said:
get an aftermarket HU
I have 2 just sitting around actually, but I am hoping to keep everything stock until I can afford to do the whole system up right.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
73,321 Posts
GoombaJebboMT said:
Try turning up the volume on the iPod itself but not all the way or else your sound will distort. This will help with the loudness. I keep mine turned up to about 75%. Also try tinkering with the Equalizer on your iPod. This can help too.

Just plugging it into the Aux can save you about 200 dollars on some cable that does the same thing.
yeah i've tried all the tricks to make it louder.. it's a combo of the record level and the limited output of the RF system... it's pretty loud for the average listener, but not loud enough for me... haven't really tinkered with the ipod eq yet, i'll give that a shot :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
DVan8504 said:
Thanks for the quick responses. That sucks about the MP3 cds, but as long as I can figure out how to hook up my ipod (researching that currently), I'll be fine.

Thanks again!
My 06 has the aux input.. given you cannot control the Ipod from teh HU but thats a little savings till you buy an aftermarket HU
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
VShortt said:
That's because the files are converted before you burn them in which case they aren't mp3. If they are TRULY mp3 files, then you can store WAAAAY more than the 15-20 songs that you're getting per disc. It's more like 100 songs or so.
Either that or he has his Bitrate set WAY too damn high lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,363 Posts
P's Titan said:
my 04 will play MP3's on a burnt CD
You sure you didn't covert them to CD tracks before you burned? Alot of burners do this for you if you burn the CD as a "music" CD. if you use data mode (like in nero) you can get the actualy MP3's on there, you should be able to fit 100 or so depending on the bitrate and length of songs.

My 05 does not play them but I didn't have that HU for long anyways...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top