Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
200 Nissan Titan with 152000 miles noticed it's burning oil after fresh oil changes pretty bad 1000 miles 4 qts ..... tried different oil weights and brands with no solution new rocker covers did a compression check 165-180 psi on a wet test no misfires or running issue it's just using oil .... I am thinking valve stem seals .... has anyone else seen this issue

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Just a simple question and youve probably already thought of it, but could it be leaking it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No leaks kicker is I am a technician and have covered my bases nothing is making any sense oil changes every 3000 miles with synthetic oil only thing I can think is is valve stem seals or maybe rings

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2011 Pro-4x (I bought new) and it started doing the same thing this past January, has 109,00km - no leaks - and regular oil changes always on time, which is why I got into the bad habit of rarely checking the levels - but before a trip I noticed that it was down 4 quarts. I blamed the dealership after an oil change of not putting in the correct amount. So we both checked the level before I left the dealership and it was fine. But again after about 1000km it was down again - and has been burning oil on a regular basis. I am nervous that it may be the head gaskets, and it is at the dealership now - so hopefully I will know soon and update -

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I have a 2011 Pro-4x (I bought new) and it started doing the same thing this past January, has 109,00km - no leaks - and regular oil changes always on time, which is why I got into the bad habit of rarely checking the levels - but before a trip I noticed that it was down 4 quarts. I blamed the dealership after an oil change of not putting in the correct amount. So we both checked the level before I left the dealership and it was fine. But again after about 1000km it was down again - and has been burning oil on a regular basis. I am nervous that it may be the head gaskets, and it is at the dealership now - so hopefully I will know soon and update -

That's strange, keep us posted on what they say is causing the problem.
My 2011 which i just had stolen from me about a month ago had 108000 km on her and never left the full mark between changes. I ragged on that engine hard too which always surprised me it never burnt any.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quick update is really no update - they did the dye detection test but with no results. So I will just monitor it on a more regular basis than I was doing - and let them know if it is still happening. Not really crazy about that - but at this point I don't think that I have a choice until I have some info over time to show them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts