Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my (4x4) Berk B-Pipes today. Expecting great things I switched from my (expensive) winter tires to my soon to be replaced summer tires and took the Titan out for a test drive in my Uprev 87 octane performance map. First impressions: a little louder, and a little stronger.

I then went to the nearest (asphalt) parking lot to attempt a burnout. I turned off the VDC and leaned into the brakes. At first I was disappointed, nothing was happening! Then the entire rear end started to slide out. I'm like WTF? I then looked out the passenger side mirror and smoke is rolling out behind the truck. The tires were spinning and I didn't even know it since there was no squealing. I shut it down, drove forward and did another.

I then drove around the lot and came back to the same spot to observe the results. Hmm, there are TWO black spots side-by-side. I'm not sure how it did that.

I was going to get pictures and maybe a video but the Sheriff's Deputy drove into the parking lot so I called it a day.

Normally my Titan has to work pretty hard to do any power brake burnout. Not anymore. I'm happy with the Berk B-Pipes. It was worth the wait and the money.:)

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Same experience here! Definitely feel's stronger down low. :)

You know it's time to leave when the cop pull's in the parking lot filled w/ smoke... :teethmast

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
While were at it...here's an oldie but a goodie:

MELTED BLACKTOP!!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
^^badazz..:rockon

L

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Premium Member
21,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think I'm EVER going to have burnouts like that. At 6,000' elevation I have 24% less power than you guys at sea level have. Plus the topper adds 300 lbs. Maybe I'll take the topper off and have a burnout day. As Neil Young sang, "It's better to burnout than fade away."

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
As soon as I get my stupid brake light / shift lock fixed, I'll try and get video of my double wheel roast w/ 2Hi E-lock and burnout mod... I don't have Berk's B Pipes, but I do have a custom extended HF B Pipe after my JBA's and know exactly what ya'all are experiencing... I sold my Volant CAI and upgraded to an Injen, so I now I am going to try and score a Flowmaster system for free thru the FM exhaust video contest. ;)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
As soon as I get my stupid brake light / shift lock fixed, I'll try and get video of my double wheel roast w/ 2Hi E-lock and burnout mod... I don't have Berk's B Pipes, but I do have a custom extended HF B Pipe after my JBA's and know exactly what ya'all are experiencing... I sold my Volant CAI and upgraded to an Injen, so I now I am going to try and score a Flowmaster system for free thru the FM exhaust video contest. ;)
Hey DRTYAZN,

Good luck! We look forward to seeing your video!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I don't have any burnout pics:( I launch in 4WD:) heheeheheheehehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.