Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright so I did the burnout mod last night and made a nice detailed step by step for it with pictures. For those who dont know, the burnout mod allows you to do a burnout with the brakes applied. Its like a poor mans line lock. It tricks the truck into thinking the brake is not applied so that you have 100% throttle compared to the 30% throttle without the mod. I did the mod at the ECM connection which is the proper way to do it. I know that this has been explained a few times but to my knowledge no one has taken step by step pictures. It was pretty easy.

You’ll need:
10 and 12mm socket
10 or so feet or wire (I used speaker wire)
On/off switch
Wire splicer
Metal clothes hanger
Crosshead screwdriver
Electrical tape

Start by removing the battery terminals with the 10mm socket. Underneath the battery there are 4 12mm bolts that hold the battery tray down. I’ve read that a lot of people have had trouble locating the 4th bolt. It is underneath the first fuse box directly behind the battery box. Unclip the 2 small tabs and then pull up on it to dislodge the 3rd tab that is underneath it. The first picture shows where the bolt is underneath it. Once the battery tray is removed, unclip the top and bottom ECM plug. You will need to focus on the bottom ECM plug. In picture 3 you can see the 2 ECM plugs Im talking about. Once the clip is out, unravel the electrical tape and wire loom to expose the wires. You will need to splice into the red wire with the white stripe through it. I used 2 butt connectors to connect the 2 ends to the speaker wire. See picture 2. After you splice into the connection, rewrap the loom around the cables and use electrical tape to snug it up. Reconnect the ECM connector and sit the new wires out of the way. See picture 3. Reinstall the battery tray and fuse box and if you want the battery but leave the terminals unconnected. I routed the wires through the sound dampening mat that runs along the top of the engine compartment. See picture 4. This next part was kind of difficult but it can be done. You will have to run the wires through the firewall to connect to your switch. I found it easiest to just run it through the rubber grommet that the hood release cables runs through. See picture 5. I used a metal clothes hanger to poke a hole through the grommet and run it into the engine compartment. See pictures 6 and 7. I taped the wires to the end of the hanger in the engine compartment and slowly pulled it through. See picture 8. This next step is up to you where you put your switch. I decided to mount mine to the black tabs that were already in the shroud below the steering wheel. I simply drilled a hole through it. See pictures 9, 10, 11 and 12. And that’s it.

Im sorry for the long post but I wanted it detailed so there would be no questions. If you have any questions just PM me and ill be happy to answer them.

I know credit to this mod belongs to someone but I’ve heard of many people claiming it is theirs. I got my info from textitaninva who got his info from miserytom.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
And now you might need credit at the tire store! :hat: :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
93,892 Posts
Very nice write-up, you made it seem easy.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! I was debating doing this mod but was concerned about how to do it, now I have perfect instructions!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I want to use my e-lock switch once I get my true trac....nice and hidden but at the same time it is the perfect choice for the burnout mod. :cheers:

Reactions: TitanBlue

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KINGMADE said:
I just know the wire at the pedal in my 07 is red and black.... and that was different than the 04-06's. Guess the color could change by the time it reaches the ecu.
yeah i noticed that too when i was seeing if i wanted to do the mod or not but the directions for the mod at the ECM were the same.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
ok, you know that you have to post a vid now right??

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I noticed there was another red/wht wire in the same bundle, how did you know wich one?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
roy365 said:
Isn't this easier to do at the brake pedal?

Also I noticed you used a LED switch? The light doesnt work right? So all you really need is a on/off toggle.
yeah all you need is a toggle switch and all i need to do is hook up a ground for the LED to work but i ran out of connectors.

loufish said:
I noticed there was another red/wht wire in the same bundle, how did you know wich one?
i searched through it honestly expecting more than one red wire with a white stripe but the one i found and used was the only one there

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
roy365 said:
What about the location of the wire to splice? Brake pedal easier or is there a reason to use the wire under the hood and have to run that wire and all??? Seems easier and more practical to use the wire under the brake pedal to me?
from what ive read, if you do the splice at the brake the mod will still work, but when the connection is broken (switch turned off) you will lose your brake lights and if you are wanting to do this mod just to get the tires sticky before a run, itd probally be much easier for you to do it at the brake and not at the ECM

1 - 20 of 190 Posts