Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro-4x
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2021 Titan pro-4x. it's great I love it.
But what's the deal with the ecu shutting down the power when the brake is pressed? I want to do a burnout.
Is there a chip or programmer that allows you to override that? I see reference to the mod which involves splicing into the wiring loom. I'm hesitant to do that as it's under factory warranty.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro-4x
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its def still relevant, the computer kills the power. I'll try unplugging the brake connector tonight to verify definitively.

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
I believe the brake always overrides a modern drive by wire accelerator so if your accelerator got stuck input from the brake pedal would prevent someone hitting something at speed.

Clint

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
I don’t understand why spinning tires is necessary in a truck but if that’s what he wants to do…

Clint

·
Registered
2012 Texas Titan SL, Big Tow, Blizzard White, Tastefully modded
1,194 Posts
When I did the headers on my T and worked out the tune with Uprev, they added a burnout mode at my request. I've never actually used it, but it's kinda fun knowing I can. My tires are too damn expensive to boil them off just for grins.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro-4x
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there are two wires on the pedal. I tried the top one, then the bottom one, then both, Ecu is still killing it. Maybe there is a pressure switch on the brake lines somewhere?

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
The ABS system takes over to limit wheelspin. Do you get a "Slip" light on the dash?

You can disable it all, and waste your money burning your tires, but you will definitely void most of your warranty.

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
The brake switch sends the input to kill it.

Clint

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro-4x
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried turning off the abs with the switch on the dash. It didn’t make any difference. Tomorrow I’ll look for another switch either on the pedal or on the brake system. I noticed the wire color on the bottom brake switch is a different color that what is mentioned in the writeups on this site.

·
Registered
2004 Titan crew cab 4x4 6” lift, headers, borla muffler, winch, dvd entertainment, brushguard
49 Posts
I can say I’ve spun my fare share of tires in the past , when I was 18-19 when it’s fun and you don’t have any real responsibilities yet. Lol
It can be fun and expensive.
Hope this works out well for him
Maybe a young gunner 😎😎

·
Registered
2012 Texas Titan SL, Big Tow, Blizzard White, Tastefully modded
1,194 Posts
why do you want to power brake it? you can just floor it and it will spin the tires off the back from a stop.
Very true. With Traction Control turned off, my tires spin ridiculously easily!

·
Registered
2004 Titan crew cab 4x4 6” lift, headers, borla muffler, winch, dvd entertainment, brushguard
49 Posts
why do you want to power brake it? you can just floor it and it will spin the tires off the back from a stop.
We used to do it just to see who can cover more area with a white cloud. Lol
Or to see who had more 🥜 and power brake for distance. Hahaha kids .... the things we did.🤷

once them tires get sticky it’s hard to keep em spinning at a high speed.
Again as I said when I was younger 20 years ago. That was fun with my high school friends.

And here in MASS they used to have a burnout contest held every July but now the state of m-*** . They took it away saying it’s a liability, even though they had fire trucks, and cops their as a sanctioned event.
Below is a short video of what was sanctioned (horrible recording, but watch til the end 💥 😆)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
We can do it with Uprev, BUT they are still working on the software for the 2016+.. whenever they get it finished that will be an option. 2004-2015 are no problem at all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts