Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
I just installed some prothane swaybar bushings and prg stock length end links and i wanted to ask if anyone else noticed the same things i did. The split in the bushings began to open up as i tightened down the brackets and the bushing is not as tight around the bar as it could be. Second i noticed the upper nut of the end link (the one attached to the swaybar), after just hand tightening could not be tightened down much more with my wrench, did anyone else notice these things, just want to make sure i did everything right, i can post pics later if i need to-thanks

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The location of the split on the sway bar bushings is the problem. Terrible design placing the split there. Nissan actually has a revised set of sway bar bushings that are designed much better. The split is higher up now on the bushing, so that the bar will no longer contact metal. I actualy found out at Infiniti were I wor,k I happened to come across the ITB. The QX56 was having front end clunk problems from the sway bar. The new bushings are really inexpensive, about $5 including tax my cost. I'm gonna throw my sway bar back on with the new bushings and try it out. I'll post some pics and the part number later today.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The location of the split on the sway bar bushings is the problem. Terrible design placing the split there. Nissan actually has a revised set of sway bar bushings that are designed much better. The split is higher up now on the bushing, so that the bar will no longer contact metal. I actualy found out at Infiniti were I wor,k I happened to come across the ITB. The QX56 was having front end clunk problems from the sway bar. The new bushings are really inexpensive, about $5 including tax my cost. I'm gonna throw my sway bar back on with the new bushings and try it out. I'll post some pics and the part number later today.
great thanks i would rather go with the new design like you said, i just dont like the way these look

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe they are binding up from friction with the bar? Did you grease them up?
yeah i used all the grease that came with them inside and out..but as soon as the bolts get to a certain point where the brackets actually begin to compress down on the bushing it just pulls apart at the split in the back, but im gonna back the bolts out again and maybe spray with some lithium grease and redo it..i installed these parts in an effort to eliminate a bad squeeking/rubbing sound i get when i turn the steering wheel-especially if im not moving-it has gotten alot quieter but still is not gone..i have about 2" of preload on my coilovers could that be causing it somehow? i had steering rack checked at dealer, it was fine..

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here are the pics...if you look carefully you will see that they come prelubed. I would suggest applying some lube to the back side of the bushing were it mounts to the truck.
thanks for the pics-are those nissan bushings rubber? think im going to order some of those, i looked a couple online places and they only list part #54613. any suggestions where i can get revised design ones like yours?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Just call up any Nissan parts department and give them the part number in the pic I posted. They should be able to order them for you. If not call up Infiniti they should be able to for sure. I got my set from work at Infiniti.

thanks for the pics-are those nissan bushings rubber? think im going to order some of those, i looked a couple online places and they only list part #54613. any suggestions where i can get revised design ones like yours?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts